Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #151
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

I'm still at it, but just running. Upped it to 2.5 miles this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRM_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #152
parkchief100
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Colorado

Got in a leg and bicep workout yesterday am. Headed to Colorado for spring break. My workouts will be on the slopes this next week.
parkchief100 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #153
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Got the javi/hog hunt out of the way. That's my yearly marker to start cutting. So Monday it begins
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #154
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Kenpo X cardio today.
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #155
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

The wife and I have been running a lot latley. 2 weeks ago we ran our first 5k she placed 3rd in her age group and I placed 5th in mine. We finished right at 31:20 an her 31:35. We woke up this am and hit it with a 5.08 mile run. I'm at about 16 miles running this week.
BLACKFINTURKEY is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #156
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Got the javi/hog hunt out of the way. That's my yearly marker to start cutting. So Monday it begins
I thought you were already cutting with all the weight you have been losing?
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #157
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
Where is everyone?
What is interesting about this "accountability" thread is that over the years it has primarily consisted of the guys that are self accountable so this thread can go dormant at times.. The ones who need something external dont seem to stick around. In fact, last year I think it completely fell of the map about the time hunting season started last year.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #158
rtp
Pope & Young

Back from vacation, good times with some great friends. Lots of beer, liquor, bread, sweets and other things I dont normally consume. Gotta live it up sometimes, right? Played Spanish Bay, Spy Glass and Pebble Beach and walked all three rounds. Each day was 6 or 7 miles. Did a full body workout on Wednesday before heading out to the mountains. Did a 2.5 mile walk on a snow covered trail to look at the Giant Sequoias on Thursday. Friday did a beer crawl(sounds like exercise) through the little town of Murphy California. Back at the gym today but didnt feel like lifting so did a 6 mile run. Amazing when you are carbed up, how easy that can be. Im pretty sure my shoulder problem isnt just an inflammation issue but probably is a small bicep tendon tear. It really isnt feeling much better with a week and a half rest. Unfortunately it wont heal itself so Im probably looking at surgery to fix it down the road. That will be shoulder surgery #4, 2 right and 2 left. Im going to live with it until it impacts my sleep on a regular basis.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #159
CRM_95
Pope & Young

I stuck my head outside to check the temp before I ran...and ended up getting on the treadmill. Got some good cardio work in anyway. I hate the treadmill, but I hate running in the cold even more. Tomorrow is my rest day.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #160
Muskles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
What is interesting about this "accountability" thread is that over the years it has primarily consisted of the guys that are self accountable so this thread can go dormant at times.. The ones who need something external dont seem to stick around. In fact, last year I think it completely fell of the map about the time hunting season started last year.
Ah, gotcha. I usually fall off my plan during hunting season as well.

X stretch today.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #161
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
I thought you were already cutting with all the weight you have been losing?
No, that was just the water and easy weight to loose. I've been training to get ready to train (if that makes sense).
Old 03-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #162
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Been slacking on posting the last 10-12 days but today is the first day off I've given myself in 8 days.

Only lost 2 pounds the last 3 weeks but feel 10 fold better and the eating has really been getting better the last 7-8 days which should be huge.

Really plan on amping it up starting tomorrow with lots of cardio mixed in with weights.

Trainer is a good dude and helped so far.
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #163
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Been slacking on posting the last 10-12 days but today is the first day off I've given myself in 8 days.

Only lost 2 pounds the last 3 weeks but feel 10 fold better and the eating has really been getting better the last 7-8 days which should be huge.

Really plan on amping it up starting tomorrow with lots of cardio mixed in with weights.

Trainer is a good dude and helped so far.
Keep up the good work and dont focus too much on your overall weight if you are exercising and eating right. I have only lost 2 pounds since mid October. But Ive lost 12 lbs of fat and my BF% has dropped 6%.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #164
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: I used to hunt in Culberson County, but now I hunt in Val Verde County.
Default Back at it today...

after being off/out of town for a little over a week. Terlingua, Big Bend NP didn't provide much exercise other than hiking. And the margarita's didn't help much either. Got food poisoning on Tuesday night and I bet I hurled three meals. Anyway, got back to the gym this AM and I knew going in it was gonna be painful. Back to the 10X10, but since I"d been gone so long I tapped out after 9 rounds. Front squats, renegade rows, clean and press, pushups and pullups. I hate those renegade rows. After about 5 rounds I could have sworn the gym smelled like a margarita!

Tomorrow, chest and back. Carry on!
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #165
rtp
Pope & Young

Chest and Biceps today. I backed down on most of my bicep weights to see how the bicep tendon would respond. I could still feel some discomfort afterward but nothing like I had been feeling. I didnt even have to ice it down afterwards. I think Im going to stay right where Im at with those weights for the next couple of weeks. I have been lifting 4 days straight then 1 day off. Im going to go to 2 days lifting and then 1 day off. I think a little extra rest is the right thing to do for now.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #166
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Planned on starting my super duper cut today... but I didn't plan well enough. Forgot a critical component.... am cardio!!! This plan is far to strict and time consuming to do it anything less than 100%, so I continued my normal routine and destroyed my legs and did 25 min cardio

Text the gym owner and asked if they had anything in storage I could borrow or rent for a month. Sinc my wife is working out @ 5:00 am I have the kids... so a treadmill or elliptical would work great for my am cardio and then I can go to the gym for my pm workout and cardio

She was glad to let me have access, just go No to talk with business partner to make sure she is ok also.. (should be, they are great owners to deal with).... so hopefully NEXT Monday I'll start that. Till then I'm back to what I was doing and will go ahead and reduce some colonies and shoot for an accurate weight to start my micros and macros on
Old 03-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #167
Muskles
Ten Point

Chest today, slowly increasing the weight testing the elbow. All good so far. Sounds like you have the right idea with the extra rest for a couple weeks rtp!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #168
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

4.72 mile run with .75 mile walk tonight held an average pace of 10:45min/miles.
BLACKFINTURKEY is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #169
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: I used to hunt in Culberson County, but now I hunt in Val Verde County.
Default Chest and back today...

Gonna be sore tomorrow for sure. I enjoyed my week off and the much needed rest, but I sho hate the pain of returning. Heavy 5X5 with bench press, bent over barbell rows with both pronated and supinated grip, incline dumbbell press, wide grip seated press, pullups on rings, situps and leg raises.

Back to 10X10 tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #170
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Finish up a violent chest and back workout. All super sets chest, then back ... over and over. 8 excersises, 3 sets of 10-12 each.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #171
Muskles
Ten Point

Leg day. Gonna be a great feeling tomorrow! Bulk workout is way more intense than the build.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #172
parkchief100
Ten Point

Chest and triceps today. As a lot of you read my workouts were suppose to be on the slopes of Colorado this week but we had to come home as tragedy struck. If you have not seen the thread tragedy struck in Bowie please read it and say a prayer for our sweet friends the Talley's! We could all use the prayers right now!!! Thanks
Old 03-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #173
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkchief100 View Post
Chest and triceps today. As a lot of you read my workouts were suppose to be on the slopes of Colorado this week but we had to come home as tragedy struck. If you have not seen the thread tragedy struck in Bowie please read it and say a prayer for our sweet friends the Talley's! We could all use the prayers right now!!! Thanks
Done. Sorry about yall losing such a special person in your lives.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #174
Muskles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkchief100 View Post
Man, that's rough. Sorry for the loss and emptiness in yours and the Talley families! Hope all the prayers for y'all are answered!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:08 AM   #175
parkchief100
Ten Point

Thank You Rtp and muskles! Your prayers are much appreciated from us all!!!

With wet eyes I am getting in a back and shoulders workout this am. It's not the best workout but it is a stress reliever!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #176
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default Prayer for all those affected...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Today was back to 10X10, but I increased the weight to increase the intensity a little. It increased it A LOT!!!! Hang cleans, weighted pullups, goblet squats, weighted dips, hanging leg raises. I can't raise my arms.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #177
rtp
Pope & Young

Shoulders, Traps and Abs today. Left achilles isnt feeling great since that 6 mile run Sunday. Taking a couple of days off from the treadmill. I may give the bike a go tomorrow to see how that feels. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Hopefully I didnt do too much damage while I was off on vacation eating and drinking all the bad stuff.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #178
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD Ryan View Post
I'm in again. I've dropped the heavy lifting lately to focus more on functional fitness. Lately I've been using the madbarz app, which is a bunch of prescribed (and free) bodyweight workouts. As a long time heavy lifter, I've always looked down on bodyweight stuff, but I've been seeing improvement in my overall fitness from it.
I downloaded this app yesterday. Today I did the "Full Body Hype" workout and followed it up with a mile run. It's a solid workout. I like these because they're relatively quick too. I was done with all 3 rounds in about 20 minutes, but it's hard enough to make you tired. I'll probably start working a few of these in. Maybe as a second workout when I get off at night.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:27 PM   #179
ateague11
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hare, TX

Just ran 3 miles at lunch today in 27 minutes. I try to avergae 15 miles a week or so
ateague11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #180
PSD Ryan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I can

Still been at it pretty much every day. Between work, keeping up with house chores, and the baby i really haven't been in tbh a whole lot.
PSD Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #181
Muskles
Ten Point

Worked the back today. Usually take off from the workout programs during hunting season. 5 weeks back in now.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #182
150class
Pope & Young

Mon- Back
Tues- Shoulders & Bi's
Today- Chest & Tri's

Pulled my groin on Monday which hurt like a mother lol

Going to do light legs tomorrow before work if my groin allows it

Finally saw some progress on the scale today which was a plus
Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 AM   #183
150class
Pope & Young

Let's see how this leg thing goes....
Old 03-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #184
150class
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Let's see how this leg thing goes....
Leg workout went well. Went at about 60-70% and had a slight tingle in my groin (cant help but laugh re reading that phrase) but didn't hurt at all.

Got a apple watch last night and this thing is pretty neat and I like how it tracks calories burnt through weight training unlike other apps.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #185
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default My body is tired...

but I sucked it up and went anyway. Can't stop going! got a cup of coffee then my preworkout cocktail and headed out. Push/pull 5X5 today legs and biceps. Squats, barbell curls, leg extensions, dumb bell concentration curls, calf raises, over head cable curls, more calves and preacher curls. Threw in some abs too just cuz.

I need a nap!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #186
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country & East Texas

Went on family vacation for 5 days and still managed to control my intake and lost 1.5 lbs

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #187
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
Went on family vacation for 5 days and still managed to control my intake and lost 1.5 lbs

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Good job Scott!! I struggle with being healthy on trips. As I'm sure you've noticed.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #188
rtp
Pope & Young

I did back and triceps today. Tomorrow is an off day so I will probably play golf tomorrow afternoon. Weighed in today and didnt do too much damage on vacation. Lost .2 lb of lean muscle mass and added .6 lbs of fat. Overall weight was up .4 lbs. Hopefully I can reverse this by next Thursday. I had to go down 2.5 to 5 lbs on nearly every exercise. Man it sucks being old, Im amazed at how fast things can change.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #189
Muskles
Ten Point

Biceps, triceps, and abs today.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #190
SabreKiller
Ten Point

10X10 today. Again. Kicked my tail too. Deadlifts, clean and press, pullups, pushups, hip raises. I've got an IDPA local match tomorrow. I just hope I can raise my arms to shoot!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #191
150class
Pope & Young

Slept through my 4:30 Alarm like a baby

Back and Bi's this evening

And planning on a rest day tomorrow
Old 03-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #192
parkchief100
Ten Point

Leg and bicep workout at 5:30am. I needed a stress reliever prior to the funeral!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #193
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Biceps and triceps later today
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #194
LakeJake
Ten Point

Hunt In: North TX and West AR

In!

I started eating cleaner and drinking more water about 6 months ago. I'm 5'9" and have gone from my heaviest at 151 lbs back down to the size I was most of my adult life, 130lbs.

Haven't joined a gym yet, but doing what I can at home.

Suggestions for back workouts that can be done at home?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
LakeJake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #195
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default LakeJake..

Depends on what equipment you have at home. Pullups with varying grip placements, bent over rows, etc.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #196
Muskles
Ten Point

Shoulders today.

Lake Jake, use Google. There are several back workouts on there. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #197
CRM_95
Pope & Young

I did another one of the Mad Barz workouts today. The One HIIT Wonder. It looks easy, but it's a pretty good workout too. Then as soon as I got done I got a 1 mile run in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #198
rtp
Pope & Young

Chest, biceps and abs today.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #199
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Headed that way now.Had 6 two hour sessions in a row.Time for a light one hr. Sesh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #200
rtp
Pope & Young

Shoulders and Traps today. I cut out a couple of chest and one ab exercise yesterday due to time constraints but I added them in at the end today. All caught up now.