Help planning a trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help planning a trip

I am wanting to take my son on a guided fishing trip for graduation. Im thinking of something he's never done before. Here are some of my thoughts.

Devil's lake walleye fishing. 3 nights lodging and 2 days fishing is $875 for a package deal. He has never caught a walleye.

I've thought 1 day on fork and hit texoma coming home. We have done texoma before but he's never been to fork.

A coast trip would be fun. I've seen the flounder guy on here and would be interested in that with a day of bay fishing. I've always wanted to go on one of the 24 or 36 hour trips out of port aransas but I dont know he would handle the boat for that long.

Give us some more suggestions in the $1000 price range for 2 people.

How about a late summer trip to the Florida Keys for Tarpon.

Comment

That may be little too far to drive. Then again its 1000 miles from my house to devil's lake. I fished the marsh in leeville la a few years ago and that was 1000 miles from the house. Florida would be a good ways further. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Go gigging one day and then take a 24hr trip the next. That will put you right about your spending limit and fill the freezer with good eats. Capt Dave will get you on the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          Go gigging one day and then take a 24hr trip the next. That will put you right about your spending limit and fill the freezer with good eats. Capt Dave will get you on the fish.
          Have you taken the 24 hrs trip? Thats what I am leaning towards. I want to bring back a cooler of fish.

Comment

^^^^up^^^^

Comment

If it was up to me, I would like to go on a gigging trip with captain dave, then hit fork on the way home.

Comment

"Fork"May/June

Comment

White river for trout! Yall could easily manage it on that budget. You'd escape the heat too, most likely. Bull Shoals for walleye right there above the river.

Comment

Where is bull shoals?

Comment

North Arkansas. Gastons, Sportsmans, and Stetsons are all nice resorts on the White River not far below the Bull Shoals dam. Good scenery and better fishing! Bull Shoals boat dock in the town of Bull Shoals offers guided lake fishing, and I'm sure several others do as well. Might be worth a look if you want to trout fish.

Comment

Can't go wrong with those Walleye. Best eating fresh water fish in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          North Arkansas. Gastons, Sportsmans, and Stetsons are all nice resorts on the White River not far below the Bull Shoals dam. Good scenery and better fishing! Bull Shoals boat dock in the town of Bull Shoals offers guided lake fishing, and I'm sure several others do as well. Might be worth a look if you want to trout fish.
                          Ill look at t hatm that would be much better than driving all the way to ND.
                          thanks!

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          Can't go wrong with those Walleye. Best eating fresh water fish in my opinion.
                          Id agree. Before the drought we had an awesome walleye lake at Meredith. There are a few lakes in Oklahoma with walleye that are close enough to fish. I need to get the boat ready since the levels are coming up.

Comment

White river trout north Arkansas
                            Gastons on the river . Com

Comment

Ill second the White River for trout. Bull Shoals I believe has an awesome striper fishery too you could look into

Comment

Working...
                              X