Something old some new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something old some new

Last year Buff went on a black bear hunt to Maine. We all watched the video of Buff taking a nice black bear over and over again.

I talked to Pete of Wild Country Outfitters and the hunt was planned. Maine this time of year was awesome. When I arrived it was raining, but still the place was just amazing.

I did not see a bear until Tuesday. One second you are looking around and the next there is a bear on the bait pile. You cannot hear these animals walk.

Fast forward to Friday. This is my last day to hunt. I have a flight early Saturday morning so I have to make the most out of this hunt.

I get to my stand and watch the hours tick away. It was around 7:30 when I started getting my gear ready to go. I turn around and there is the bear standing there. I still had plenty of light left to shoot. I was going to just take a picture and be done.

I made the decision to go ahead and take the shot with my 1982 custom kodiak take down recurve. I made the the shot and watched the bear run off. When Brian came down to get me I was shaking and jumping for joy.

I thanked God for blessing me with this opportunity to see a nice black bear. We tracked the bear until I checked the time. I had to leave in order to make the long drive back to the airport.

Pete, Brian, and Anthony said they would look for my bear tomorrow morning. I got the call from Pete while I was waiting for my flight from Philly to DFW that I did indeed killvest a nice bear.

The bear might make P & Y and live weight was close to 300lbs.

I only have pictures of my bear and will not get the rug and skull back for a long time.

Something old Something new

Last year Buff went on a black bear hunt to Maine. We all watched the video of Buff taking a nice black bear over and over again.

I talked to Pete of Wild Country Outfitters and the hunt was planned. Maine this time of year was awesome. When I arrived it was raining, but still the place was just amazing.

I did not see a bear until Tuesday. One second you are looking around and the next there is a bear on the bait pile. You cannot hear these animals walk.

Fast forward to Friday. This is my last day to hunt. I have a flight early Saturday morning so I have to make the most out of this hunt.

I get to my stand and watch the hours tick away. It was around 7:30 when I started getting my gear ready to go. I turn around and there is the bear standing there. I still had plenty of light left to shoot. I was going to just take a picture and be done.

I made the decision to go ahead and take the shot with my 1982 custom kodiak take down recurve. I made the the shot and watched the bear run off. When Brian came down to get me I was shaking and jumping for joy.

I thanked God for blessing me with this opportunity to see a nice black bear. We tracked the bear until I checked the time. I had to leave in order to make the long drive back to the airport.

Pete, Brian, and Anthony said they would look for my bear tomorrow morning. I got the call from Pete while I was waiting for my flight from Philly to DFW that I did indeed killvest a nice bear.

The bear might make P & Y and live weight was close to 300lbs.

I only have pictures of my bear and will not get the rug and skull back for a long time. My old 1982 recurve got me a new black bear rug.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not sure how I double posted. This is also my second recurve killvest.

Comment

Congratulations, too bad you didn't get to put a hand on your kill...

Comment

great job, who would i contact to set up a hunt?
          After watching some hunting showes filmed up there I think I would enjoy it. And my wife has friends that live up that way so I can kill two birds with one stone

Comment

Go to the rate a day lease for contact information. Tell Timm sent you. You might get the outhouse stand though. LOL Tell him Buff sent you and you might get the brother-n-law stand. LOL

Comment

Way to go Timm!! We may have to start calling you Buff Jr.!! LOL

Comment

Saawwweeeet
                Way to go, Timm.
                Great to see that you had success. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats Timm, that's a Bruiser! To get it done with Traditional Equipment, is the Cherry on Top! Way to get it done last Minute!

Comment

nice shooting

Comment

Very nice Tim.

Comment

Great write up and good job

Comment

AWESOME and a big congrats Timbo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggen View Post
                            Way to go Timm!! We may have to start calling you Buff Jr.!! LOL
                            I would have to make three trips to Africa and hunt with Chunky to be even close to Buff.

Comment

Congrats on a nice bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X