Mystery odor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #11 View Post
    Do you have inside cats? I only ask, because if you do and they have a UTI, they will **** on any carpet, rug, towel, clothes, etc that is left on the ground. If no cats, I would call a gas company, first, then ask for opinions on the green screen, as to what it might be. Just being honest.

Good luck finding your smell and hope nothing is too wrong.
    Not just no, but HELL no to cats.

Comment

just an idea, maybe mold build up in your AC ducts or drip pan, if you recently started running your AC it could be blowing the smell out. Condensation build up in a drip pan that is not draining properly can cause a mold build up, after a while it starts to smell.

although I would think that would be a musty smell so I could be off base here, like I said, just a thought.

Comment

Do you have a bathroom that gets little use? If so the pee trap may have dried up, try running the sink and tub for 30 seconds to fill the traps back up. It works as a seal, if it's dry it will let sewer gas back into the house

Comment

Had a squirrel get trapped and died in our chimney right above the flue.(sp) Had the most awful smell to it.
          Last edited by Goldeneagle; 04-15-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

ptrap?
            also do you have ridgevents on your house, we do and every outside animal smell we get now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Driving me crazy. Maybe we have a skunk coming through during the night and the smell gets into the house and stays while it disperses outside in the wind. I may set up a trailcam to see if that's it.

Any ideas?
              I was thinking the exact same thing. My sister had a skunk that would come by every night by there outside A/C Unit which in turn put the smell in the house. My brother in law finally got that sucker after 2 weeks of hunting him at night.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                Neighbor two doors down had a gas leak, found out it had been leaking since the evening before! Scary stuff, just to be on the safe side you should contact your gas company as mentioned above.
                I hunt down has leaks for a living. Most people live with them for for awhile before they call them in. Some will admit to having smelt them for several months before calling them in. It's those that have migrated a distance through the soil and had the mercaptan scrubbed out that are the most dangerous. Shane I'd call your gas company come out and clear your residence just to be safe. You don't wanna make the 5 o'clock news!

Comment

It was the gas station Burrito you ate a couple of nights ago. Takes a while for the odor to disperse.

Doug

Comment

Ammonia... my first thought was Bats.

Comment

Hey shane, do you leave your garage door open much? I bet an ol' tomcat is stopping by and pee'ng on something in the garage.

Id get the gas lines checked out just to be safe. But I bet its a prowling cat

Comment

could also be a drain trap (the s curve portion) that has went dry from no use. we have a huge tub that no one ever uses, and the trap went dry once, allowing methane to enter the bathroom. man, it stunk bad. turned the tub on for a minute and smell went away quick. now we run the tub once a week just to keep it wet.

Comment

The odorants added to ng has decreaseing potency so it doesn't always have the same smell. The input point for ours is about a half mile from my sons house sometimes it'll almost choke you out, I bet your gas rep., takes care of it.

Comment

Maybe a bird nest in a vent pipe.

Comment

Its coming from the Wal-Mart down the road

Comment

I know i've heard stories of smells being associated with hauntings. A common sent I've heard of is the smell of roses when there is a female spirit present. I've often used my senses to indicate if their was a spirit present: sight, hearing and also touch to sense the energy. Well I was sitting ...

You have a ghost!

Comment

Working...
                                X