The beautiful modern longbow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me start by saying that I have nothing against recurve bows. I just shoot and enjoy longbows as my personal preference.

That said, I am waiting on a new longbow to be built but it will be a couple of months. Since fixing my form, I am moving to a longer bow and have been shooting a "practice recurve" as it can handle my new draw length. I have been having longbow withdrawals! Every time someone post a picture on the harvest thread, I get excited when I see a longbow on there. There is just something about the look of a modern reflex deflex longbow that is absolutly beautiful.

While I am waiting on my new longbow to get to the house, I thought it would be fun to get everyone to post pictures of the reflex deflex longbows along with their specs! Maybe it will help with my withdrawals and going forward, it may prompt more conversation about different bows and people's opinions on why they like that particular bow!

Afterall, you do need a bow for every occation!

This is my go to bow.
    D.C. Stalker by Roland Jenkins
    64" and 51# @ 28"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	24534673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.jpg
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	24534674Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1236.jpg
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	24534675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1237.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24534676

I’m with you. I have a Hoyt Buffalo recurve that shoots great and is one of the best out there, but I’m absolutely loving my Bear Ausable longbow. It’s beautiful, fast and and excellent shooter.

64”, 50#

A couple of things I’ve noticed, though. It’s a little louder than my recurve, but that’s possibly due to the mass difference because this weighs next to nothing. In fact, it almost feels like a toy because it’s so light.

I also notice that it’s harder to draw than my recurve and it’s more critical of my form. If I have a smooth draw and release, it’s a perfect center shot every time...but if I pluck or drop my bow hand or something, it really shows up in my shot.

All of that said, I haven’t really picked up my recurve since I got it because I just enjoy shooting it that much. Long story short, Jolene and I are attached at the hip (or I suppose at the grip).

Comment

I agree totally with you about the longbows! I own a herd of longbows, and only one recurve! I can shoot the recurve comparable to the longbow, but it just is t the same.

Besides, I like the “thud” of a longbow waaaaay better than the “twang” of a recurve!!!!

This is my current go-to Sarrels Blueridge longbow!

]

Those hand engraved brass bezels with black chrome limb bolts really set the bow off!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 03-21-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I will when I finally find/buy a good one

Comment

One of my personal favorites.
            62”- 48#@28”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful bow Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I agree totally with you about the longbows! I own a herd of longbows, and only one recurve! I can shoot the recurve comparable to the longbow, but it just is t the same.

Besides, I like the “thud” of a longbow waaaaay better than the “twang” of a recurve!!!!

This is my current go-to Sarrels Blueridge longbow!

]

Those hand engraved brass bezels with black chrome limb bolts really set the bow off!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s a pretty piece of wood, for sure

Comment

Dry Creek Brush Wolf, 58", 45lb@28", Macassar Ebony riser with Bocote limbs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I only have three. Left is the Sarrels Blueridge S/R that I bought from Randy. It is now 47# 60". The middle bow is new to me as of last week, an older Martin Savannah 45# 62". It is one of the prettiest Savannahs that I have ever seen. On the right is a Whippenstick 64" 50#. It is rather plain with the black glass but it hits like a sledgehammer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is my Sarrels Superstition...62” and 49# @ 28” which is my dl. Don’t know the woods, bought it from a friend who bought it out of Bob’s in stock inventory. Shoots real nice when I do my part!

Comment

Those are beautiful bows!

Comment

My bow on the bottom and my friend's bow on top. Both Pronghorns.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A few bows that I've made. Moose Jaw on the left is 77# and 66" and Booger Red on the right is 65# and 64".
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X