Pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit bulls

Can we discuss pit bulls in this section? Or is that a topic banned from all of TBH?

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Merry Christmas

Comment

Pretty sure civility is the issue. Personal attacks violate forum rules. Should be possible to discuss any topic on its merits without attacking individuals. Individual attack is known as "argumentum ad hominem" and lacks merit in debate.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

I don't think it's the topic of pit bulls that gets the thread wacked. It's when everyone resorts to name calling and insults.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll start it off. I don't care for them. I have known some sweet ones, but the vicious ones I have come in contact with outweigh the good, for me personally, anyway.

A friend of mine had one, that when I would come to visit, would lunge at me so hard against the logging chain he had it tied to the well house with, it would jerk itself airborne and back flip. It wasn't just wanting to say hi either.

I told him the dog was a tremendous liability. It got loose eventually and killed one of the neighbor's cows. He had to put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              I don't think it's the topic of pit bulls that gets the thread wacked. It's when everyone resorts to name calling and insults.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
              I think what frustrates me is it appears like the pit lovers do the name calling JUST to get pit threads deleted. They don't want to read the facts or want others to read the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post

the logging chain he had it tied to the well house with,
                There's a large majority of the problem.

Comment

People get emotional with pets. They seem to get aggressively defensive if it's pittbulls. And the argument they use of "small/other dogs bite more people" is correct. But other dogs all combined don't maul and kill people at the numbers in which pittbulls do. Other dogs don't maul and kill other pets at the numbers pittbulls do. As for large dogs as pets, pittbulls rank among the lowest in numbers, yet kill more than all the rest together. Those are simple facts anyone can check from the CDC.
                  As a large dog owner, I'm confounded by people who would choose this breed as a pet when dozens of others are available. Pitts are extremely strong dogs. They are bred to be muscular and can be hard headed and difficult to control. We've all seen someone being dragged behind one that they can barely hang onto. There are better dogs for pets out their.
                  The arguement that "my pit wouldn't hurt anything" or "mine wouldn't bite" is as useless as anyone saying that about any dog. But in the case of a Pitt, that bite might be much more serious or a few seconds of uncontrol can cause a disfigurement or death.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Can we discuss pit bulls in this section? Or is that a topic banned from all of TBH?
                    Do you think that pit bulls have the highest rate of attacks and the breed should not be legal to own?

Comment

Don’t even start...

Comment

I never understood the reason for anyone wanting to own any vicious breed of dog. As mentioned above, "liability" carries a lot of weight. I don't even own a dog, but if I did own a lab, or let's say a poodle, and it accidentally got out, I'm not gonna worry about it mauling anyone. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          I never understood the reason for anyone wanting to own any vicious breed of dog. As mentioned above, "liability" carries a lot of weight. I don't even own a dog, but if I did own a lab, or let's say a poodle, and it accidentally got out, I'm not gonna worry about it mauling anyone. Just my 2 cents worth.
                          Clearly you never been around either a lab or a poodle. Both are aggressive breeds.

And as always, it’s all about the owners. Not the animal

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Clearly you never been around either a lab or a poodle. Both are aggressive breeds.

And as always, it’s all about the owners. Not the animal
                            Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...

Comment

Pit bulls remain largely misunderstood because of irresponsible owners, sensationalist news stories, and a proliferation of myths.

Comment

Working...
                              X