No announcement yet.

6.5 creedmoor reloaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 Amax with 42.0 H4350. Does work out deer out to 800.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
      140 Amax with 42.0 H4350. Does work out deer out to 800.

Hmmm i always thought amax was a target round.

Comment

I got some 900 yard groups I will post up in a minute with the 140Amax.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          Hmmm i always thought amax was a target round.
          I've killed 15+ deer with Amax over the last few years out of the 6.5CM, .257WBY, .308 and .30-06. Deer are my target. C'mon.

Comment

Amax at 350 yards.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'd take an Amax over and Accubond any day of the week. I started messing with VLD hunting this season. Shot one 400 with it any was happy with the load. Will try it out next season at some distance.

Comment

Sammy, see what powder he loads with and get the best recipe for it. I'd go with the heavier bullet cause of your possible distances and eyeballs .

Comment

Here is pic from last summer. But at 900 yards. 4 shot group.. The 5th was from a 7RUM

Comment

140 Amax
                    Here was 1100 yards. Not as nice of a group. It's the bottom 4 walking off the target.

Comment

The 120gr amax hooked up this coyote atv about 110yds Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420432965.227514.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	24355657

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                        42.5 H4350 behind a 140 Amax or Berger. Or 45 grains behind a 123 Amax. I shot the 130 Bergers also but didnt like their performance on game.
                        This right here, practically my exact loads. Except I use a 140 Hornady BTHPM, and a 123 SMK. I do have a box of the 136 Scenar L's I am going to try here soon. As far as a hunting bullet, I think the 130 Accubond is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          This right here, practically my exact loads. Except I use a 140 Hornady BTHPM, and a 123 SMK. I do have a box of the 136 Scenar L's I am going to try here soon. As far as a hunting bullet, I think the 130 Accubond is hard to beat.

Thx.

Comment

I did shoot a buck this year with the 120 AMAX out of the Creed. Shot was 200 yards on a quartering to angle, and I had a complete pass through.

Comment

I know this thread is old. Anyone try any 140 gr Nosler Partitions out of the 6.5 CM? I've had great accuracy out of my .243 and .300 WinMag with them.

Comment

140gr BTHP over 41.5-42.5gr of H4350 in a 260 works wonders.

Comment

Working...
                                X