Buffet of blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffet of blades

Trying to fine tune with numerous weights, head widths etc. In the mix are Naps, Zwickeys, Stingers (bleeder an no bleeder), 5 are 2 blades and I shot one 3 blade with deeper penetration and better true flight then the 2 blades.

I know a bunch of you are true to the 2 blade and I respect all of you guys that have been doing this since the beginning of time. I was impressed with how well the 3 blade shot and penetration. That was my last set btw (I did 8 sets, 6 shots per set) so they started spreading a bit as I was getting worn out.

Shooting the cheapy Sam at 55 lbs at 28" Yeah I know it's a cheap bow but easy on the budget and still seems to do the job.

I am solo so I am watching Youtube, tuning, adjusting and experimenting. I keep catching myself as the arrow launches in flight and I know before it strikes the target where it will hit. Pretty cool imo. Lobbing telephone poles as my buddy boh347 tells me

One whoops my backstop is bullet and arrow proof. It's ok I did not like these heads anyway.

I like a three blade hole in them myself but have two blade single bevels in the arsenal. Gonna try some new heads soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I like a three blade hole in them myself but have two blade single bevels in the arsenal. Gonna try some new heads soon.
      With that stated Gary why is it most trad guys only go with the 2 blades? My trad heads are about 90 percent 2 blades right now. Like stated I was really impressed with the flight of the 3 blade in 150 grain.

Comment

Penetration.

Comment

Buffet of blades

If you are well tuned, you should be able to put just about any broadhead of the correct weight on the end of your arrow and get good arrow flight. If you are shooting moderate to heavy draw weight (say 55# and up), it really does not matter if you are using 2 or 3 blade because you have enough umphh to push them thru most any critter. For lower draw weights, the 2 blades will get a bit better penetration.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shoot light bows due to many surgeries, 43-45lb max, and like 2 blades for this reason. With my compounds I shoot 3 blades, QAD Exodus, mostly because even at 60# it had enough power I didn't worry. However I was shooting Solid Legends (2 blade with bleeder) out of my Elite the last 2 years and loved them. If mine weren't only 100grn I probably would have kept them for my recurve arrows.

Comment

I'm leaning toward shooting an NAP 100 grain He'll Raiser this year. Not saying there won't be some insert weights behind it. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X