No announcement yet.

Please post results as they come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An landlord's rental price covering the cost of his property tax, thus passing the taxes on to the renter. Whereas a consumption tax would remove that burden (doesn't mean the landlord will lower his prices) and spread the state's taxation over a broader portion of the population, and in theory lowering individual homeowner's tax liability. Like I said, not sure if I would be for or against this, I would want to see more firmed up numbers. We all know how taxes have a way of going up, so it could end up being worse than paying 8k a year for the right to pay a house mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
      An landlord's rental price covering the cost of his property tax, thus passing the taxes on to the renter. Whereas a consumption tax would remove that burden (doesn't mean the landlord will lower his prices) and spread the state's taxation over a broader portion of the population, and in theory lowering individual homeowner's tax liability. Like I said, not sure if I would be for or against this, I would want to see more firmed up numbers. We all know how taxes have a way of going up, so it could end up being worse than paying 8k a year for the right to pay a house mortgage.
      Gotcha.
      I agree, kinda.
      But then you have people living in million dollar homes that only spendas much as someone living in a Section 8 rent house

So instead of the county getting that 3% of the million dollar home value ($30k) and the 3% of that $50k rent house ($1500) they will only get the consumption taxes from each household say 10% of annual household spend of $80k each ($16k total)

It's a lot of playing with numbers and situations

Comment

Yeah, there are a lot of things to consider , lots of numbers to move around. I can already see the excuse of "we have to raise consumption tax because the figures aren't what we thought" excuse

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Gotcha.
          I agree, kinda.
          But then you have people living in million dollar homes that only spendas much as someone living in a Section 8 rent house

So instead of the county getting that 3% of the million dollar home value ($30k) and the 3% of that $50k rent house ($1500) they will only get the consumption taxes from each household say 10% of annual household spend of $80k each ($16k total)

It's a lot of playing with numbers and situations
          I’m all in for a VAT tax.
          The main reason is that it grates on me that no matter how hard I work on a place and build it up, it never really belongs to me.
          I’m just renting it from the county, the more I build the higher my rent goes.

Why should I as a land owner be expected to pitch in more to pay for schools than a fellow living in a trailer?

His kids cost just as much as mine to educate.

I know they will get their blood money one way or the other but ar least if it is a VAT I can decide whether or not I want to pay it and go to sleep knowing my house belongs to me not the county

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
            Yeah, there are a lot of things to consider , lots of numbers to move around. I can already see the excuse of "we have to raise consumption tax because the figures aren't what we thought" excuse
            Originally posted by Buff View Post
            I’m all in for a VAT tax.
            The main reason is that it grates on me that no matter how hard I work on a place and build it up, it never really belongs to me.
            I’m just renting it from the county, the more I build the higher my rent goes.

Why should I as a land owner be expected to pitch in more to pay for schools than a fellow living in a trailer?

His kids cost just as much as mine to educate.

I know they will get their blood money one way or the other but ar least if it is a VAT I can decide whether or not I want to pay it and go to sleep knowing my house belongs to me not the county
            I feel both of y'alls pain
            But how would y'all feel about an income tax?
            Capped at a certain income level as to not stifle hard workers.
            I don't beyotch about taxes anymore.
            They are going to get it one way or another.
            Reduce taxes but raise the price of drivers licenses
            Reduce taxes but raise the cost for hunting licenses
            They just nickel and dime us to get there
            But they'll get it

And that's what I'm deathly afraid of
            My retirement home being so nice and increasing in value so much that I can't afford that 3% per year property tax and the county tries to come and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              Goes to show you can't buy or bankroll an election

For that reason alone I'm glad she lost
              I don't even know her politics but I do know she tried to buy that spot by outspending everyone
              We had a flyer in the mail everyday and hell, some days we had 2... that in itself was a huge turnoff...and her voice drove me up the wall...her poor husband...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                We had a flyer in the mail everyday and hell, some days we had 2... that in itself was a huge turnoff...and her voice drove me up the wall...her poor husband...
                Probably the only second time she's ever held a rifle. Good choice going with the 30-30 Mrs Wall
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, my neighbor won his DA election in a landslide. There is no democrat contender so he will be the next DA for our county.

Comment

So what is the deal with ranked choice voting?
                    So they want you to make a choice based on how you would rank the candidates 1-5.
                    So if the choices were ranked 1-5 the top ranked candidate would get all of the 1 ranks of the lower ranked candidates. So no more splitting the vote. This style of voting seems to be a progressives wet dream.
                    As an independent I don't get a say in the primaries and I have a hard enough time selecting a candidate as it is without ranking them. I would never be able to do this style of voting.
                    1.Hillary
                    2.Bernie
                    3.Julian
                    4.Cory
                    5.Kamala

Comment

Working...
                    X