Chef Paul Prudhomme's BBQ Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chef Paul Prudhomme's BBQ Shrimp

Made this tonight for my Father's Day dinner. I hadn't made it over 10yrs, because it will light you up, and my wife and kids don't like food as spicy as I do. I also fried a couple pounds of shrimp for them, just so I didn't have to turn down the heat on this recipe.

This recipe is from Paul Prudhomme's recipe book BEFORE he came out with the Seagood Magic seasoning. If you try to get it from his website or recipe books now, it uses the seasoning, which is nowhere near as good. Also, this recipe does not scale well. If you are feeding more than 4 people it is best to make it in batches.

1lb shrimp, recommend 16-20's but you can use 11-15 or 21-25
    Shrimp should have shells but no heads

1 tsp cayenne
    1 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp Rosemary
    1/2 tsp thyme
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
    2 sticks of butter
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup shrimp stock (OR chicken stock OR fish stock)
    1/2 cup beer

Combine all seasoning in a bowl. Melt one stick of butter in a saucepan (low-med heat) and add seasonings, garlic, and Worcestershire. When butter is melted, add shrimp. Stir to coat all shrimp and cook and cook 2 minutes. Add the 2nd stick of butter and the stock. Cook 2 minutes. Add beer and cook 1 minute.

Serve over white rice with French bread. I like to take some of the sauce and put it on the rice so I can dunk my bread in it.

Wish I had a pic for y'all but my entire family loved it. We wiped it out before I even thought to post it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by txpitdog; 06-19-2016, 07:04 PM.

Thanks. Gonna try this fo sho!! I haven't ever met a shrimp I didn't like, this one sounds like a winner.

Comment

You had me at 2 sticks of butter

Comment

this sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good stuff, it didnt disappoint. I used a pound and a half of shrimp. I believe there were 16 in a pound and a half. I would definitely go with smaller shrimp next time. The shrimp are good but not spicy. When you spoon the sauce over your rice it is prob spicy for people who don't eat hot food, bease you get all the seasoning mixture out of the bottom of the pan.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X