2 Big Does Down in Missouri!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Big Does Down in Missouri!!!

Got these two monster does in Missouri last month........sorry about just posting this up!!! Buck movement (of any size) was slow but we plan to get back at them next year about two weeks later when more crops have been harvested. The property was 3,000 acres about 4-5 miles from the southern Iowa border. From what I understand we were about 20 miles from the Lakosky's place in Iowa and about 15 miles from the Drury gang in Missouri. The area just reaked of BIG BUCK country........soybeans and corn fields for as far as the eye could see! Below is a quick recap:

On day two for the early season Missouri trip I spotted two does weaving their way thru a huge corn field. When they hit the cut road about 35 yards away one doe proceeded into the woodlot. The other doe walked towards me.......directly downwind! She hesitated often to check the wind but could not decipher the difference. She was less than 10 yards away and obscured behind a cedar bush. This was my opportunity to draw my new Obsession Knightmare bow. She stepped out and continued to wind-check as I sat lofted 15 feet above her! The shot was at 6 yards directly downwind. The doe bolted into the woodlot but I soon heard her pileup about 50 yards away. There is zero doubt in my mind that the Ozonics was pivotal in making a perfect heart shot on this mature Missouri doe.

During the late evening of Day 4 in Missouri I watched a large doe at approximately 180 yards in a soybean field. She made her way towards my treeline over a 20 minute timeframe. She presented shots at 32 yards and again at 24 yards but I was amazed that she did not catch my crosswind......and she kept coming closer! Soon thereafter the big doe was nearly directly under my treestand.....to my amazement! She was approximately 4 yards away and truly downwind......dang near under the ladder stand....lol! I placed my pin solidly on her upper shoulder and visualized the exit thru her heart. She grunted at the crushing impact that the Obsession Knightmare bow generated & made a mad dash for the bedding area behind the 15 foot ladder stand. This was the 2nd doe of this Missouri trip and both were absolutely downwind & within mere feet! As a bowhunter for nearly 25 years & a pro-staffer for Obsession Bows I have seen gadgets come & go. Ozonics is far from a gimmick folks, the science is sound and the results are in the freezer! Great way to start my 2013 season as Illinois, Texas and Kansas deer really need to be concerned.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ddeuce1 (640x427).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	24993697

Name:	ddeuce2 (640x427).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	24993698

Name:	DSC_0608 (427x640).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	24993699

Wow! Huge does and great heart shot!

Comment

That is what I would call a perfect shot!!! Congrats on the 2 big does

Comment

monsters! wish I had those here in east texas

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Wow!!! Nice deer! Awesome story by the way

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Oscar.

Bayou has really changed

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  Congrats Oscar.

Bayou has really changed
                  Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!! My sister said almost the same thing!!! That little guy was 10 weeks old and was loving all that deer blood in camp. He will be trailing before this season is over. LOL!!

Comment

Wow! Doe in that 2nd pic looks huge. How much did she weigh? Congrats!

Comment

Nice job, Oscar!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Got these two monster does in Missouri last month........sorry about just posting this up!!! Buck movement (of any size) was slow but we plan to get back at them next year about two weeks later when more crops have been harvested. The property was 3,000 acres about 4-5 miles from the southern Iowa border. From what I understand we were about 20 miles from the Lakosky's place in Iowa and about 15 miles from the Drury gang in Missouri. The area just reaked of BIG BUCK country........soybeans and corn fields for as far as the eye could see! Below is a quick recap:

On day two for the early season Missouri trip I spotted two does weaving their way thru a huge corn field. When they hit the cut road about 35 yards away one doe proceeded into the woodlot. The other doe walked towards me.......directly downwind! She hesitated often to check the wind but could not decipher the difference. She was less than 10 yards away and obscured behind a cedar bush. This was my opportunity to draw my new Obsession Knightmare bow. She stepped out and continued to wind-check as I sat lofted 15 feet above her! The shot was at 6 yards directly downwind. The doe bolted into the woodlot but I soon heard her pileup about 50 yards away. There is zero doubt in my mind that the Ozonics was pivotal in making a perfect heart shot on this mature Missouri doe.

During the late evening of Day 4 in Missouri I watched a large doe at approximately 180 yards in a soybean field. She made her way towards my treeline over a 20 minute timeframe. She presented shots at 32 yards and again at 24 yards but I was amazed that she did not catch my crosswind......and she kept coming closer! Soon thereafter the big doe was nearly directly under my treestand.....to my amazement! She was approximately 4 yards away and truly downwind......dang near under the ladder stand....lol! I placed my pin solidly on her upper shoulder and visualized the exit thru her heart. She grunted at the crushing impact that the Obsession Knightmare bow generated & made a mad dash for the bedding area behind the 15 foot ladder stand. This was the 2nd doe of this Missouri trip and both were absolutely downwind & within mere feet! As a bowhunter for nearly 25 years & a pro-staffer for Obsession Bows I have seen gadgets come & go. Ozonics is far from a gimmick folks, the science is sound and the results are in the freezer! Great way to start my 2013 season as Illinois, Texas and Kansas deer really need to be concerned.
                        [ATTACH]563630[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]563631[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]563632[/ATTACH]
                        Yessir, those are some gooduns, Congrats

Comment

Congratulations brother... That is the way to get it done...

Comment

Congratulations Oscar!

Comment

congratulations...I live in Missouri..where did you hunt?......Shoe

Comment

Working...
                              X