Rifle blind question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle blind question.

I am starting to build a rifle blind and was wondering what would be ideal height of the windows and how high off of the floor of the blind... Thanks

Generally it is 39", but since it is yoursyou may want it more customized. I would reccomend puting in a shelf say 5" wide on three sides and another about 16" off the floor for "stuff". I also put a shelf at the break "A" frame where more stuff can be stored. This may seem like over kill but the more comfortable you are the longer you may stay and the more deer you will see. I also would not build it smaller than 5 X 5. This is if you are planning on it lasting for a while.

Comment

Funny I sat in a chair and held up my rifle and it measured 39". How tall should the window be itself.

Comment

the higher you go, and the closer you are to the target...you may want to go a little lower..you lean back in the chair...and lean forward to the window...mine are at 33" at bottom of window.
        12"tall windows are what I use is what I use

Comment

39-40"

Comment

I made mine just big enough for a scopes rifle. Any bigger just lets more light in to possibly silhouette you

Comment

Hawk is right I like mine 8" the taller they are the easier for the deer to see you.

Comment

find your chair first, gotta be comfy and quiet. is the stand gonna be elevated or on the ground? then have a seat in the chair and hold your rifle like your taking a shot straight out for ground blind, or very slightly downward for elevated stands. rest the rifle on your hand while you hold the handle of a broom or something. then measure the length of the handle up to your hand. as for window size, 8"-10" looked good so i went 9". the #9 has been on my back all through sports so i was hoping it would bring me luck too

Comment

39"-41" off the floor, and 10 inches high. 10 inches gives you enough room to put a little padding on the sill, let your window have a little slope to it so any rain will run off the end, and still have enough room for a rifle with the 50mm scopes becoming more popular lateley. The popular AR rifles sometimes need a little more room also.

Comment

Working...
                  X