First camo paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First camo paint job

This was my first attempt at painting anything semi-intricate. Its a little different than a wall, fence or tractor. I meant to get some "as I go" pics. But... I was smoking 7 briskets and target shooting with my long bow at the same time so I was just a little bit distracted. I used 2" blue painter's tape and a razorblade to cut stencils as I went and 3 cans of Rustoleum ultra flat camo paint. I wish that I'd used another light color but these 3 were all there was at any store in town. I'm pleased with it. Next time I'll try something a little harder, like a Vietnam era tiger stripe camo in desert tans and browns.

Got this Gamo "Silent Cat" (the supressor is crap... the gun is friggin' loud) to keep the birds from crapping in my pool but the neighborhood nazis started calling in the local police. Maybe I should collect the pool poop and mail it to them as a thank you for their civic mindedness.
    Attached Files

Looks good

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Nice job. Is there a way to take the can apart to pack it some more to make it quieter?

Comment

I haven't looked into that yet. An air rifle shooting at 1300fps cant be expected to be quiet. I've tried different pellets too; regular and PBA. I have shot it a few times from under the patio cover and it dang what a racket!

Comment

i also have a quiet strong and fast airrifle. Its a Diana Mod 350 Magnum in .17
            When i shoot light pellets that thing makes a louder bang than any .22lr..

Now i use extra heavy pellets to get it to subsonic and its way better now and way more accurate!

BTW: Very nice paintjob!!

Comment

Awesome paint job!

Comment

nice job!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

nicely done

Comment