Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country
Default UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

I have to go with the wrestler, who is also undefeated, and favored. But really just hope it is a good fight.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
TexasBowtech
Four Point

Hunt In: Wise /montauge

Remember it start's on the feet. For him to take him down he has to get in range of that left hand.
TexasBowtech is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Khabib is going night night. Heís never fought someone as good as Conor. Barbozas wrestling is much weaker than Conorís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
jer_james
Pope & Young

I've bet more on this fight, than any other in my gambling history, lol.

Khabib destroys him.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

I can't bet against Khabib. He's never even been in trouble in the UFC. People like to say Michael Johnson rocked him because Rogan said it live but if you go back and look at it he was fine.

Yeah he has never fought anybody as good as Conor, but Conor has never fought a wrestler like Khabib. Chad mendes is way smaller and was whipping Conor pretty good until he gassed.

Khabib also does a very good job at keeping that right hand up blocking his face, people over look that. Going to be hard for Conor to connect cleanly.

That said, nobody's timing is better than Conor's. He could catch him and KO him. But is he KOable. Nobody has clipped him clean enough to tell. Conor couldn't KO Nate even though he caught him clean several times. If he clips Khabib and follows him to the ground that would be a mistake IMO.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
Khabib is going night night. Heís never fought someone as good as Conor. Barbozas wrestling is much weaker than Conorís.

...and he waded through Barbozas like he was a mud puddle. I will differ that McGreggor has not fought anybody as good as Khabib.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
Kdurham
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post

Khabib destroys him.
How do I get in on that action?!

In for Khabib
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdurham View Post
How do I get in on that action?!

In for Khabib
I just seem to have a lot of friends that like to give me money, lol.

I have about $400 lined up. Nothing huge in the grand scheme of things.

But I think with the layoff, the lack of real fight in McGregor, and the skill level that Khabib is on right now, that Khabib wins convincingly.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
Kdurham
Eight Point

Quote:
I just seem to have a lot of friends that like to give me money, lol.

I have about $400 lined up. Nothing huge in the grand scheme of things.

But I think with the layoff, the lack of real fight in McGregor, and the skill level that Khabib is on right now, that Khabib wins convincingly.

Get that money!

Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #10
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBowtech View Post
Remember it start's on the feet. For him to take him down he has to get in range of that left hand.
Correct. But the young Dagi, has been training with actual bears since he was a kid. Look at they way he ducks his chin and shoot on a freaking bear, with no fear. He has been wanting this moment his entire life.

Conner just wants to dance around and throw bombs. While that has worked for him a good amount of the time, I got to go with the rastler, who also can throw bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFf...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #11
DKey88
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Conor knocks him out in 2......Surprise, Surprise M&%^$R F^@&ÄR, the King is Back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
DKey88 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #12
MadHatter
Ten Point

Anything can, and does happen in fights all the time. With that being said, I'm saying Conor gets man handled. As mentioned, he's never been against skill like this. Since the beginning of mma, superior wrestling has always had a edge over superior boxing.
Liddell had a rare gift of being almost impossible to take down, and he threw hard punches from off angles. Connor has some of that, but not enough imo.
But that's why we fight, cuz ya never know.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #13
Hi-Lonesome
Four Point

Hunt In: TX Panhandle

Im going for Conor McGregor.
Hi-Lonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #14
Southern Horns
Four Point

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

One sided fight, Khabib takes the cake.
Southern Horns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #15
Derek H.
Four Point

Hunt In: Brazoria&Gonzales County

My first thought was Khabib would maul him. The more i think about it the more i think this could be a dog fight with each guy having there moments throughout the fight.

But who knows maybe Mac just sleeps him in the first round with a left.
Derek H. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #16
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
...and he waded through Barbozas like he was a mud puddle. I will differ that McGreggor has not fought anybody as good as Khabib.

I think itís quite the opposite. Khabib has fought 6 notable fighters, arguably past their prime, and beat them, he couldnít finish barboza. As to comments about Conor not being able to knock out Nate, it says more about Conor that he could trade blows with a guy that much bigger. Khabib is nervous, as he should be. Conorís timing and overall game is MUCH more than Khabib has ever had to face. That being said I am not completely counting him out, Iíd say I see thereís a 90% chance Conor knocks him out and a 10 chance Khabib humps his way to a decision for the most uneventful fight since Derrick Lewis vs Francis N-whatevergonu

Old 10-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #17
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Quote:
Khabib humps his way to a decision for the most uneventful fight since Derrick Lewis vs Francis N-whatevergonu

This either shows you lack of knowledge of the sport or you blind loyalty to Conor. Khabib does not lay on people and do nothing. He is either punching or going for a submission always.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #18
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
This either shows you lack of knowledge of the sport or you blind loyalty to Conor. Khabib does not lay on people and do nothing. He is either punching or going for a submission always.

It was a joke. Didnít know we werenít allowed to tell jokes. I find wrestlers boring. Khabib doesnít fall out of that scope. I boxed for 9 years and I will admit I have a bias towards people with great striking. However I donít see Khabib holding that squirrely Irishman down for five rounds.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #19
IOWA BOW HUNTER
Eight Point

Hunt In: midwest

My college funds are on the line here boys....
IOWA BOW HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #20
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Just watched the press conference. Man I don’t know really what to think. I think Conor got into his head, I dunno. Gonna be a good fight.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #21
SaintBlaise
Four Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

McGregor with the upset, 2nd round KO. He's been distracted for a while, he'll be cocky and hungry for this fight.
SaintBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #22
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

Khabib destroys him.
It seems we agree... CMc is getting smashed..
I went from being a huge fan of his to hoping Khabib retires him...
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #23
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke

Look at some of Khabib's past fights when hes against a technical and precise striker.. he gets rocked, shoots for the legs and takes over..

Conor is a technician. His left is one of the fastest in the game and is more accurate than a 6.5CM..

IF Conor can combat the takedown, it'll go 5 rounds and Conor will get the decision.
hully1029 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #24
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKey88 View Post
Conor knocks him out in 2......Surprise, Surprise M&%^$R F^@&ÄR, the King is Back!

[/QUOTE]

This^^^^^ Conor in two.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #25
LegacyArcher
Six Point

Hunt In: Llano, TX

Conor is an unconventional and well rounded striker, but I think he must win in the first two rounds. Past two and the tank will be gone. He has poor endurance. Combine that with the fact that Khabib has good endurance and is a good wrestler who can grind the energy out of an opponent and Conor will be drug all over like a rag doll past round two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
LegacyArcher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 05:11 AM   #26
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Anybody that thinks Conor doesn't have ground skills does not know the game. Conor is a Brown belt in Jujitsu. In the Mendes fight he fought with an injury and did not have the same mobility. He will not get mauled. He will land some punches. I think he surprises with a head kick finish. His kicks are very good. He has not used them enough. Kabib does not fight well going backwards. Conor will pressure him and keep his back to the cage. Conor is a pressure fighter, they both are, but the advantage goes to Conor. Have you see Conor wrestle? No, then why do you believe that he cannot?
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #27
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper, TX

No way I can pick a russian to win. I am taking Conor.

-john
TX_Hoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #28
LegacyArcher
Six Point

Hunt In: Llano, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
Anybody that thinks Conor doesn't have ground skills does not know the game. Conor is a Brown belt in Jujitsu. In the Mendes fight he fought with an injury and did not have the same mobility. He will not get mauled. He will land some punches. I think he surprises with a head kick finish. His kicks are very good. He has not used them enough. Kabib does not fight well going backwards. Conor will pressure him and keep his back to the cage. Conor is a pressure fighter, they both are, but the advantage goes to Conor. Have you see Conor wrestle? No, then why do you believe that he cannot?
I don't think anyone would argue that Conor has no ground game, but it is silly to say he can match Khabib who has wrestled since adolescence and probably has very similar bjj skills based on their time in mma.

Conor is definitely more dangerous, but If he fatigues early then it's Khabib's fight to lose.

LegacyArcher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #29
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

Never seen khabib fight, but I do know it's awfully hard to deal with a striker who can throw punches from crazy angles with pin point accuracy and extreme leverage. Very few guys in fight sports have that gift. Hope the fight lives up to the hype and may the best man win!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #30
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyArcher View Post
I don't think anyone would argue that Conor has no ground game, but it is silly to say he can match Khabib who has wrestled since adolescence and probably has very similar bjj skills based on their time in mma.

Conor is definitely more dangerous, but If he fatigues early then it's Khabib's fight to lose.

I read your post above. FALSE. His gas tank is good. He moved up to 170 to fight Diaz, where he was not used to fighting at that weight. He threw more punches in the first two rounds of that fight than all of his other UFC fights combined. His tank is fine. Max Holloway is an active fighter. Conor was nowhere close to gassing in that fight. Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor has great takedown defense. The russian takes too many chances. He cannot do that and expect to stay conscious. However, I believe either can win, but I put stock in skill, so I lean Conor. Precision beats timing and timing beats speed.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #31
DPElite
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post
Never seen khabib fight, but I do know it's awfully hard to deal with a striker who can throw punches from crazy angles with pin point accuracy and extreme leverage. Very few guys in fight sports have that gift. Hope the fight lives up to the hype and may the best man win!
Heís like a bear playing with toys lol but I hope and pray as well that this lives up to the hype. Khabib need to stay focused and keep calm cool and collected and donít go in all emotional like Jose Aldo did and nuked in 13 seconds because it could happen.

Our boy from Houston Derrick the Black beast Lewis is on the PPV card as well and said the first round will be a barn burner so Iím hoping he lives up to it.
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
I read your post above. FALSE. His gas tank is good. He moved up to 170 to fight Diaz, where he was not used to fighting at that weight. He threw more punches in the first two rounds of that fight than all of his other UFC fights combined. His tank is fine. Max Holloway is an active fighter. Conor was nowhere close to gassing in that fight. Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor has great takedown defense. The russian takes too many chances. He cannot do that and expect to stay conscious. However, I believe either can win, but I put stock in skill, so I lean Conor. Precision beats timing and timing beats speed.
How is that timing and speed going to work out after this layoff?

Not to mention his last shindig wasn't even a fight.

When Mc was worked by Diaz, he folded faster than any fighter I have seen in the last decade. When hungry fighters aren't hungry anymore, nature takes over.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #33
TexasAg91
Four Point

Hunt In: Yancey,Glenrose.

C.M. in the second!!!
TexasAg91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #34
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Lucky charms gonna get taken to the ground hard then totalled by a russian juggernaut and going to get ktfo or tap like a *****.

Then they will hug.

How the **** is CM getting on any mma cards?
Ufc is a joke now
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #35
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Quote:
How is that timing and speed going to work out after this layoff?

Not to mention his last shindig wasn't even a fight.

When Mc was worked by Diaz, he folded faster than any fighter I have seen in the last decade. When hungry fighters aren't hungry anymore, nature takes over.
Lol, Diaz is a tough fighter. Conor was gassed in that fight and was not used to the weight. In their second fight he was good. So I don't see your logic.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #36
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol, Diaz is a tough fighter. Conor was gassed in that fight and was not used to the weight. In their second fight he was good. So I don't see your logic.
I dont believe weight has anything to do with how fast you tap out ...
Old 10-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #37
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Lucky charms gonna get taken to the ground hard then totalled by a russian juggernaut and going to get ktfo or tap like a *****.

Then they will hug.

Ufc is a joke now
I agree - these "superfights" are very WWE. They have their place, but just not what the old UFC was about.

Unfortunately, that makes these fighters the most money.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #38
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.

McGregor will make short work of this wrestler. Mark it.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #39
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

I hope Khabib embarrasses the $h!t talking punk @$$ Connor
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #40
LukeDuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I have to go with the wrestler, who is also undefeated, and favored. But really just hope it is a good fight.
Aldo was undefeated for 10 YEARS before stepping into the ring with McGregor.

Mcgregor is a bit brash for me, but Khabib is a Muslim and his manager has ties to radical muslim terrorists.
LukeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #41
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
THIS.

I dont hold a brown belt, but even I know you dont give up your back. Or else this happens. Conner gave up in that fight. Khabib needs to take him down and grind him into the mat, I think he can do it.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #42
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Quote:

Then they will hug.

Ufc is a joke now

Because McGregor sells fights. Lesnar sells fights. Rhonda sold fights. If you sell like they do you can get in the octagon and fight a broomstick as long as people are buying those PPVís

Old 10-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #43
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

I don't think I can stand to see CM win. His interviews after will just be one big F-bomb after another. That being said, I don't know where to put my money. Its going to be a good fight. Anyone in the Pearland /Alvin area want to get together and watch it, I'm getting a table at Friend Pub in Friendswood that knight.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #44
DPElite
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
I don't think I can stand to see CM win. His interviews after will just be one big F-bomb after another. That being said, I don't know where to put my money. Its going to be a good fight. Anyone in the Pearland /Alvin area want to get together and watch it, I'm getting a table at Friend Pub in Friendswood that knight.
If I didnít have plans already I would meet in friendshood 😁 what pub yíall going to?
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #45
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Because McGregor sells fights. Lesnar sells fights. Rhonda sold fights. If you sell like they do you can get in the octagon and fight a broomstick as long as people are buying those PPVís

Lucky charms has skills, lesnar had skills - there was going to be action, ronda had skills..
CM is a mma tomato can with nothing to offer in a mma or actual real fight.. hes the equivalent of putting a manequin in the blue corner and expecting a fight.
Its a joke.

Even rogan is fed up.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #46
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPElite View Post
If I didnít have plans already I would meet in friendshood 😁 what pub yíall going to?
"Friends Pub" 2407 W Parkwood Ave (528) is usually the one I go to.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #47
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Quote:
Lucky charms has skills, lesnar had skills - there was going to be action, ronda had skills..
CM is a mma tomato can with nothing to offer in a mma or actual real fight.. hes the equivalent of putting a manequin in the blue corner and expecting a fight.
Its a joke.

Even rogan is fed up.

Wait.. lucky charms = CM? Right? Either he has skills or he doesnít. His record says he does. What his MMA record doesnít show is his ability to sell fights. Heís one of the greatest fighters out there. Iíd love to see you tell him he doesnít have skills

Old 10-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #48
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

All I have to say is if you bet on Khabib I hope you bought a lotto ticket as well. Itís about the same odds of winning. Hope everyone has a great time watching the fight

Old 10-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #49
CEO
Ten Point

I read on the mma forum CM is a bigot that insulted islam. Khabib will win the the help of Allah. Keep that in mind when wagering.
CEO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #50
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I read on the mma forum CM is a bigot that insulted islam. Khabib will win the the help of Allah. Keep that in mind when wagering.
Islam is Satan's cult.