ok what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok what do I do?

well im hope fully going to start hunting public land this year, and have a few q's
    do i just show up or do i have to get drawn?
    were is a good place to shot axis?

buy a type two land permit and you will get a map of the public land, buy type one for draws, all info is on tpwd website including maps, cost, so forth. The are with the heading public land hunts will give you a ton of info and contacts about rules and regs. Cant help you on any public axis..good luck

Comment

There are a couple of different systems availble. Each is run by a different entity. Some are state run, some are federaly owned but state managed, some are federally owned and managed. Most require some type of permit, some no permit required, and each has differing rules. So be sure to resurch as much info as possible before just heading out.

Try the Army Corps of Engineers, Texas Parks & Wildlife, and The U.S. National Forestry Service to start. Each has availble programs and probly something closer to your home than you might think. They each have on-line websights availible. Just resurch-em.

Public hunting can be very challenging, and also very rewarding.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-03-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

It is also a lot of fun cause you can almost always go somewhere new...which can be a great thing and not so great

Comment

there are no public lands that offer axis hunting that i am aware of.

Comment

Look into the KERR Wildlife management areas draw hunts, there should be axis and other exotics there, tpwd offers 4 or 5 different area for exotic only hunting, call you local tpwd office to get more info.

Comment

thnks guys
              you gave some valuable info
              thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X