Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only guide trip this year...

380 gr. arrow, slick trick, 300 lb. pig shot square in the shoulder at 55 lbs. Pig ran 30 yards and was done.

POS Slick Trick...shoulda only ran 15 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Nice shot!

thanks as you have seen from the pics I posted no lack of targets pig wise . Still thinking about moving the stand . hung another camera just south in a opening and its getting some great action deer wise there as well . Will see need to get you out we can shoot a few pigs .

Comment

I've killed 6 million animals with my bow, I've got 14 podcasts, 17 hunting shows, 5 leases in the Golden Triangle, 6 leases in East Texas, own half of Alaska and hunt all over the west by gawd! I'm on prostaff for 3,000 products.....2998 are broadhead companies, one is from Moon Pie incorporated and the other is McCormick for my vanilly supply . I can tell you this....every broadhead I have ever shot has had somebody somewhere else say it sucks and they'd never used it again....every one has its haters (just like vehicles)....because it's always the broadheads fault. This has been going on since Johnny Red Moon was bitching about Moon Over Troubled Water's flint knapping while hunting saber-toothed tigers in a high fence made out of brontosaurus rib bones and stegosaurus sinew. I'm telling ya with all my experience above, you do your part....any sharp broadhead will do theirs.....by gawd! harumpf!
        This!!! This Man's broadhead acumen is legit!!!

Please post link to all 14 of your podcasts

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          My only guide trip this year...

380 gr. arrow, slick trick, 300 lb. pig shot square in the shoulder at 55 lbs. Pig ran 30 yards and was done.

POS Slick Trick...shoulda only ran 15 yards.

Dang, you sure got ugly since the last time I saw you

Comment

I've killed 6 million animals with my bow, I've got 14 podcasts, 17 hunting shows, 5 leases in the Golden Triangle, 6 leases in East Texas, own half of Alaska and hunt all over the west by gawd! I'm on prostaff for 3,000 products.....2998 are broadhead companies, one is from Moon Pie incorporated and the other is McCormick for my vanilly supply . I can tell you this....every broadhead I have ever shot has had somebody somewhere else say it sucks and they'd never used it again....every one has its haters (just like vehicles)....because it's always the broadheads fault. This has been going on since Johnny Red Moon was bitching about Moon Over Troubled Water's flint knapping while hunting saber-toothed tigers in a high fence made out of brontosaurus rib bones and stegosaurus sinew. I'm telling ya with all my experience above, you do your part....any sharp broadhead will do theirs.....by gawd! harumpf!

Sounds like you’re ready to be a politician...

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To the OP I’m sorry everyone is bashing you but I’ll offer you a solution, I’ll pay for shipping if you send me all your crappy slick tricks.

Comment

I'm not sure why more people aren't taking this post seriously.

I was planning to buy a new bow, but now I'm on my way to pick up a Yeti cooler instead.

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                Heck, you don't even have to shoot 'em with a Rage. Just hold the end of your arrow out there and shake it at the deer and they just fall over dead.

If you're a real high roller, you'll gave a Yeti cover in the back of your truck and the dead deer will gut and quarter itself and then jump in the cooler full of ice so cold the meat will be instantaneously frozen solid.

Comment

I need to take the drinks and food out of the Yeti obviously[emoji15]

Comment

This is a weird thread. That shot placement, even with a dull broadhead, should have at the very least been in the guts. I don't think this is a broadhead problem but that shot placement should have killed that deer eventually.
                    Don't really know what to think of this one.

On another note, I have had 100% success with Slick Tricks. I think I've shot 12-15 deer with them and a few hogs and almost always get great blood trails that begin immediately. Even when the blood trail isn't that great due to marginal shot plaecment or too much fat clogging the wound channel, the animal has died within sight.

Comment

I've used Slick Tricks since the came out. Not sure how many animals I have killed, but its been a bunch. They always leave a decent blood trail when I put them in a good spot. I've made a few shots that were less than perfect, but I'm not going to blame the heads.

Your shot looks a little far back, but one would think it would have killed her sooner or later. Sometimes animals are tougher than the archer and their gear. Just hard to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        Wrong. Slick tricks don’t hold an edge. The flat blade angle dulls the **** out of the blades upon entry. The fact they don’t use premium material means by the time the blades enter the cavity they are dull. I can take my iron wills and shave hair after passing through an animal. Slick tricks dull in the quiver.

I thought STs were made with German steel blades?

Please explain the premium materials comment, did they change after the company sold or is German steel not a premium material?

I've always thought German steel was supposed to be at least in the above average part of the quality scale

What do you consider a good quality head that does not have the price tag of Solid, Ironwill, German Kinetics etc?

Comment

McCormick is overrated.......the dollar store stuff works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            I thought STs were made with German steel blades?

Please explain the premium materials comment, did they change after the company sold or is German steel not a premium material?

I've always thought German steel was supposed to be at least in the above average part of the quality scale

What do you consider a good quality head that does not have the price tag of Solid, Ironwill, German Kinetics etc?

I like tapered heads that slice their way in and don’t punch their way in. I will say the viper trick is a pretty good head. I just don’t like the mags that most people shoot. G5 strikers are a really good head. Magnus stinger is a really good head.

Comment

Shot one pig with a Slick Trick. Blood trail was weak at best but very short. Still, I gave the rest away.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                I like tapered heads that slice their way in and don’t punch their way in. I will say the viper trick is a pretty good head. I just don’t like the mags that most people shoot. G5 strikers are a really good head. Magnus stinger is a really good head.

How were the blood trails with the strykers? I use to shoot those before slick trick and I never had good blood trails, it killed them quick as any other but the blood was always sparse.
                                Magnus is a great head and I have my first set of wicked tricks to try out. I am a little worried about the bleeder being a little too steep for good penetration but we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X