Bow Sight Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Sight Opinion

I currently have a 5 pin sight on my bow and they are really hard for me to see. Would a single pin adjustable sight be better? If so, which one would would be a good middle of the road sight?

Can only say HHA single are best for my eyes. I have also tried the clarifier with some success

Comment

HHA gets my vote!

Comment

HHA or Trophy Ridge

Comment

Not sure what you mean by hard to see. But I used a five pin for ever myself, and I could see them fine but I had a hard time focusing on one, I guess is how I would describe it. The pins were so close together two, three or a lot of times four pins would all be some where on the target. So I would normally hit the target, but not exactly were I wanted sometimes. By going to a single pin, it has eliminated all that, it's so much easier focusing on one pin. I worried about forgetting to turn the dial to the correct yardage, and a couple times I have ( luckily on targets) but I used the wrong pin far more times the I have forgot to turn the yardage dial. I can set it at 25 yards and not have to move it, if I don't have the time, and shoot well to 35 yards. ( haven't shot an animal past that in a very long time) I also shoot the HHA sight and I like it, now that I modified to work for me. I bought it because it had the brightest pin. I will tell you they rust ( the bolts, nuts and screws) very very easy. And to be honest going to a single pin sight is the second best thing I have done for myself archery wise, the first being a thumb release. Those to things have helped me tremendously, good luck, but if I was you I would give one a try. You can always resale it in the classifies and probaly not loose to much money.
          Last edited by critter69; 10-07-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I have had both HHA Xl-5519 and Black Gold Ascent single pins. I like the auto dark of the BG and the forward wheel better, but I think the HHA is brighter. In fact in bright sun I used to keep the manual rheostat almost closed to minimize starburst of the pin.

Comment

Middle of the road trophy ridge. But I really like my fast Eddie xl with the double pin, but it’s not cheap

Comment

I just went through this I will be 48 on monday type one diabetic so the pins became a bit harder to see and some colors work better for me than others . I opted for a the fast eddie with the double pin. so my 20 yard is the first pin the second is spot on at 40 for my bow speed . Take a look at that set up for me I thought it was great as many targets are in the range without out having to move sight

Comment

Working...
                X