No announcement yet.

Live hunt for a big 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang,, what an awesome deer. Congrats Courtney.. Heck of a buck with tons of Character..

Comment

Awesome buck on your birthday or any day.. congrats! Who knew Rod wore such fancy britches on the track?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That’s a stud, congrats
          Last edited by Goodfellah; 10-03-2018, 09:18 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Thanks y’all! Sorry for the lack of updates. We hunted this morning and didn’t see a deer. The hunting has been so painfully slow there just hasn’t been much to update. I really didn’t expect things to come together this week. It just seemed like the deer weren’t moving and my target buck was making rounds somewhere else.

Things turned around this evening. I had five yearling bucks show up early. After awhile I texted Rod to see if he was seeing anything. After texting him I looked up and the big 8 was just standing there broadside at 17 yards!

From the time I saw him to the time I shot him was about 8 seconds.

Then the shakes set in! I tried to text Rod again but was having difficulty typing. This is the best free range buck I’ve killed with a bow in 23 years of hunting.

My arrow had sliced right through him and had good blood on it but there wasn’t any immediately on the ground. Turns out I was looking down the wrong trail. He didn’t go 100 yards.

Most of the time I hunt alone so it was extra special that Rod was there to hunt, track and recover him with me.

Comment

I haven’t scored him but his G2s are 12 1/2” and 12 1/8”.

Comment

Good looking buck congrats Happy Birthday again Courtney

Comment

Just seeing this thread and reading it through- Congrats on an awesome birthday buck! A hill country trophy to say the least.

Comment

Happy Birthday and Congrats on a beautiful buck! Love the long tines and dark horns. That is the way to spend a birthday!

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Congrats & Happy Birthday!!

Comment

**** good buck...he's a hoss! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful buck! Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Comment

Congrats an awesome deer. Happy B-day

Comment

WOW that is a very pretty buck and picture perfect shot placement too.. Congrats!!

Happy Birthday too.

Comment

Working...
                                X