No announcement yet.

Texas vs Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKA pike killers. Just cut the spider bones out of the filets.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      I have been to Canada probably 15 times and NEVER one disparaging word, encounter or even smirk! Definitely gotten odder receptions in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc......lol! Quebec folks love that I am from Louisiana originally and speak enough French to get them laughing........mostly Creole but they get the vibe! Cool place for summer jaunts but they can keep their winters for themselves!!!!
      Same for me until returning from Eric's place in Quebec last year. We had a layover in Toronto that turned into a cancelled flight. We decided for a night on the town. All was good until the 3am ride back to the airport when the Middle Eastern Uber driver told me that "Americans need to get rid of all their guns". I said a lot of un-Christian things and my Uber rating is no longer 5.0 Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Frank you need to eat more food.
        You look like an Ethiopian marathon runner
        PM me your address and I’ll send you 5 lbs. of boudin and cracklins
        Runner you say?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24539313

That was in October, I've dropped a little more since then but I'm leveled off now.
        BIG difference from this guy....

Click image for larger version

Name:	camp a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24539314

Comment

Understood sir. I know it is in PURE fun. A baseball cap will say plenty.......lol!!! All of my trips were 40 to 42 mile circuits with about 12 to 18 portages..........a few were looooong! Never with scouts, I would take customers when I was with BASF and then me and my brother went twice. As you know: Pack Light, GREAT tents are worth it, gets chilly at night, YOU WILL CATCH FISH so don't pack more than the basics for food, BEARS are nosey, WOLVES has no idea what you are, light hiking boots and camp sandals are plenty, the water is cold, PICTURES do the place zero justice, Loons are beautiful, small mouth fishing is WORLD CLASS!
          Wow, it is time for me to get back up there. My entry point was Ely..........with a stop at Gander Mountain for the best lures!
          Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          Bring a 1/4 or 1/2 oz. red and white spoon!!!
          Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Daredevils.

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          ...that's them!!
          Originally posted by DRT View Post
          AKA pike killers. Just cut the spider bones out of the filets.

Yall may disown me, but I couldnt care less about fishing. I've tried it dozens of times and its just never been fun for me.
          I like going out in boats and sitting on a pier... just dont care at all about fishing. (probably because I suck at it)
          Now I do enjoy offshore fishing, but thats about it.

My son loves to fish, so I'll be sure to stock him up on these lures and make sure we get his Canadian fishing license.

Comment

Any other ideas?
            I'll probably take a couple of "Come and Take It" shirts or stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
              Runner you say?

[ATTACH]907806[/ATTACH]

That was in October, I've dropped a little more since then but I'm leveled off now.
              BIG difference from this guy....

[ATTACH]907807[/ATTACH]

Runner! I would-a never thought.... Hard to believe that is you in that pic with your son! Nice job man!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Frank you need to eat more food.
                You look like an Ethiopian marathon runner
                PM me your address and I’ll send you 5 lbs. of boudin and cracklins
                I am the anti Ethiopian...but now I find myself wanting some boudin and cracklin's too makes a good excuse to travel to deep deep DEEP east Texas aka Louisiana 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Runner! I would-a never thought.... Hard to believe that is you in that pic with your son! Nice job man!
                  Thanks!
                  Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  I am the anti Ethiopian...but now I find myself wanting some boudin and cracklin's too makes a good excuse to travel to deep deep DEEP east Texas aka Louisiana 😂
                  Stay away from Blake, he is a bad influence.

Comment

Shoot man, just wear your TBH cap and T-Shirt... Can't get more Texas than that and the Canooks ain't got nuthin' that compares... I mean, just look at our Mayor!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Shoot man, just wear your TBH cap and T-Shirt... Can't get more Texas than that and the Canooks ain't got nuthin' that compares... I mean, just look at our Mayor!!
                      I gotta dig around and see if I can find my old TBH hat. I havent seen it in a while. The only other one I have is a memorial one that was put out after ToothDoc passed away. (I think it was him)

Comment

I have been to Canada probably 15 times and NEVER one disparaging word, encounter or even smirk! Definitely gotten odder receptions in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc......lol! Quebec folks love that I am from Louisiana originally and speak enough French to get them laughing........mostly Creole but they get the vibe! Cool place for summer jaunts but they can keep their winters for themselves!!!!
                        I can imagine the comedy when someone from Quebec and a Cajun start speaking French. Especially about cooking nutria, drinking homemade whisky, etc.

Comment

just call each one of them a "maple suckin puck slapper"

trust me, they love it....eh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              The only thing is, when you get there you will realize Texas is a dry desert dump compared to the beauty of that place.. And the fishing is incredible.......so be careful what you make yourself look like there.
                              Second that. The fishing is amazing. Nicest people on earth too.

Comment

Originally posted by txcooker10 View Post
                                A Dominican guy being punched by a Venezeulan guy? As a Texan who grew up in Northern Ontario, I say there are great people in both places. Although if you bring up guns, the vast majority of Canadians will not understand why many people in the US (or "The Independent State of Texas") feel the need for so many firearms. Note to reader-I'm not trying to start a gun control debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X