Classifieds PSA and request..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
    Ratings system should be used. If a person doesn’t want a bad rating, don’t screw people over

If only it were that simple.

The moderation of 70,000 people with a rating system would be a nightmare for mods who do it for free. That is the biggest negative and I’m sure the main reason it’s not used. And a big reason it’s not used on many forums I frequent. Could you imagine all the “please remove this negative rating for me.. Billy Jo Mcghillocutty holds a grudge against me because I like beans in my chili.” “He gave me a negative shot for that. Please remove it... I don’t want a negative mark”

Folks don’t like some folks for just breathing. Some folks can’t control
    themselves and be adults about ratings. They post negative just for splits. Nurse Jenn said she modded AT’s classifieds and said it was a nightmare IIRC. The big thread on it a month ago got deleted as I can’t find it either. It was filled with negatives on the ratings systems moderation.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
      Search found a bunch of people saying rating system was a good idea. Still didn't see a disadvantage. I did find where it was on the agenda 3 years ago.

Big ones got deleted. I can’t find it either... we had one about a month ago I know for sure. See my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        As a seller it's pretty easy to add a list updating the items sold and still available keeping things organized in 1 thread.
        1. Knife Sold
        2. Big knife Sold
        3.Camo Undies Sold

Still available...
        Carebear collection
        VCR
        Harbor Freight Ext Warranty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup... 100% correct and most do.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          If only it were that simple.

The moderation of 70,000 people with a rating system would be a nightmare for mods who do it for free. That is the biggest negative and I’m sure the main reason it’s not used. And a big reason it’s not used on many forums I frequent. Could you imagine all the “please remove this negative rating for me.. Billy Jo Mcghillocutty holds a grudge against me because I like beans in my chili.” “He gave me a negative shot for that. Please remove it... I don’t want a negative mark”

Folks don’t like some folks for just breathing. Some folks can’t control
          themselves and be adults about ratings. They post negative just for splits. Nurse Jenn said she modded AT’s classifieds and said it was a nightmare IIRC. The big thread on it a month ago got deleted as I can’t find it either. It was filled with negatives on the ratings systems moderation.
          I’ve bought several things off the classifieds. The only ones I’ve had issues with are the ones who contribute long enough to just use the classifieds. Last two I had an issue with I found later that 99% of their posts were in the classifieds.

Comment

Classifieds PSA and request..........

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
            I’ve bought several things off the classifieds. The only ones I’ve had issues with are the ones who contribute long enough to just use the classifieds. Last two I had an issue with I found later that 99% of their posts were in the classifieds.

You realize the rating systems on these pages aren’t dedicated to one forum or one transaction. You could get dinged for ticking somebody else off in another section of TBH as well ... you could get a negative ding for giving a negative review on a product somebody loves. You could get a negative ding because you post too much or people hate your favorite team. Hell some folks would ding you for being too happy these days. Would you like to moderate all the whining and incessant complaining about being wronged in those instances?

I know I wouldn’t .. I don’t blame them for keeping it off
            Last edited by Smart; 03-06-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

One time I sold a go cart frame on a different forum and said in the ad and when the guy came to pick it up that the motor did not run and would need to be replaced as it was missing parts and leaked oil. Two days later he texted me saying he wanted his money back because the engine leaked oil and was missing parts. He went as far as saying I’m a lousy human being for selling him a non running go cart.
              That is an example of why classified ratings could get ugly quick. In that case, it was the buyers stupidity and ignorance that would have caused me to get an unfair negative rating which the mods would then have to deal with. Not worth it.

Comment

Fer sail- Mint condition never worn like brand new Burger King crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Great deal here! Wish you were closer!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I bet you have 20 of those worn ragged in your closet from your late night in the closet visits to BK to get you a Whopper[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I bet you have 20 of those worn ragged in your closet from your late night in the closet visits to BK to get you a Whopper[emoji13][emoji23]
                      My granddaughter brought a BK crown home here a while back. She went with the neighbors. It "accidently" got thrown in the trash.

Comment

TTT

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                          TTT

Just sayin'
                          Yeah bump for a recent offender of #SmartLaw

If the shoe, shirt, pants, socks fits....sail it on one dang thread!

Comment

Took this in Nebraska last week. Prolly needed muney fer collage

Comment

For all the people we have wanting a rating system, you already have one (sorta). Look at their post count or their status. Sorry Smart Im using yours for example. Smart did not get to be a Pope & Young by screwing people over. This forum is great about calling people out that have screwed people over.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                                For all the people we have wanting a rating system, you already have one (sorta). Look at their post count or their status. Sorry Smart Im using yours for example. Smart did not get to be a Pope & Young by screwing people over. This forum is great about calling people out that have screwed people over.
                                I always thought that was more of a BS meter.

Comment

Working...
                                X