everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    Looking for a cheap solution for a cart of some sort to haul my nucanoe frontier on. I have a game cart and thought about adding some pvc or unistrut bars long ways on and using it as my cart. What do you guys use to transport your yak to the water?

I do like the golf bag cart idea. Pretty simple and cheap solution!
    We built a yak cart out of PVC and some wheels from a wagon we had laying around. We spent about $10...

Comment

I'll probably take the golf bag cart wheels off and use them with pvc. Straps are a pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
        Looks like nice wide part of river...what area is this at...I've mainly been hitting around mekins crossing and down by Granger lake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
        Oh, like I'm supposed to tell you all my hot spots.

This was the country club hole right in town Georgetown. It's right at where Country Club and Spring Valley Rd. come together. There is a little park there and the river is dammed up. The hole is about a mile long. Makes for a nice evening of fishing. You need wheels on your yak as it's about a hundred yards to the water.

Comment

Looking for a cheap solution for a cart of some sort to haul my nucanoe frontier on. I have a game cart and thought about adding some pvc or unistrut bars long ways on and using it as my cart. What do you guys use to transport your yak to the water?

Make your cart where it slips up into the scupper holes. It's not quite centered on the NuCanoe but it still works the best of any thing I seen for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post

This was the country club hole right in town Georgetown. It's right at where Country Club and Spring Valley Rd. come together. There is a little park there and the river is dammed up. The hole is about a mile long. Makes for a nice evening of fishing. You need wheels on your yak as it's about a hundred yards to the water.
            Wow...I'm getting senile....I lived on star view lane 1st-6th grade...early 90s.

I should of recognized that area I love that part of river and was reminiscing about it recently..it's been way too long

We used to tube from the spillway down to the dam when flowing...I saw a lot of gar then.

I used to hunt golf balls all along by the club and kill snakes by the dam and throw them over the bridge when cars where crossing haha flying serpents. ..

I'll be heading there next outing for sure. .let me know if you want to meet up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post

Gonna have to check this spot out now, it's not far from me at all!

Comment

I bought a Nucanoe on here and it has a wheel system that works pretty good. I will post some pics of it for you later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  I bought a Nucanoe on here and it has a wheel system that works pretty good. I will post some pics of it for you later today.
                  Never heard of a Nucanoe. I just looked em up. Those are cool!!!
                  Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Here's my nucanoe frontier 12 setup. Adding lights and rewiring it right now. Using it for fishing and hunting (ducks and deer).

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                      FD....I've been out in it twice. Seems like a good yak. No stability problems. I even tried to flip it and I had to force myself off of it.

Don't know what you are buying it for but I think you could easily resell it if it doesn't work out.

I would use it for fishing and just relaxing on the water. I am 6'3" and 280 pounds so I like that it is rated for 400 pounds. Seems like it should hold me up okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Colorado bound...
                        [ATTACH]860416[/ATTACH]
                        Cool rack!

I have a tubing bender and a tubing knotcher.....when you are ready to make one out of steel.

Im having bumpers and a headache rack made at Tuff Country. Im going to make a removable back rack....same height as the headache rack.....to haul my kayaks.
                        Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Alright. Guys. Next time I go fishing I plan on keeping some panfish. I've always had luck with a top water grasshopper but I'd like to add a couple panfish lip rippers to my arsenal. What do y'all use??

Comment

Reviews said Field & Stream kayak seats sucked. They were correct!

Got Mamma a Surf to Summit Expedition seat. Looks a whole lot more comfy!!!

Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                              Alright. Guys. Next time I go fishing I plan on keeping some panfish. I've always had luck with a top water grasshopper but I'd like to add a couple panfish lip rippers to my arsenal. What do y'all use??

I caught these on a 4/0 popper so I would use a smaller popper I guess. There is a little fly called a Carpet Bomb made for carp and it seems I catch a lot of perch on it as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                                Gonna have to check this spot out now, it's not far from me at all!
                                Oh great, now every one knows my hot spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X