Goliad County Mountain Lion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goliad County Mountain Lion?

Really irks me when the game cam leaves so much to the imagination but... I feel like this could be one.
    What says the GS??????
    Northern part of the county near Oilfield Rd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3417.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	25163442

Kinda

Comment

Could be a dog. Tail looks short.

Comment

Kinda dog I think.

Comment

I think you have dogs.

Comment

woof woof

Comment

Thinking dog. Just remember every time you walk to and from the blind at night it could be a ML...lol

Comment

My first thought was dog at first too, but the nearest house with any dogs is half a mile away and those are black labs.

Comment

looks canine in shape to me, but go look for tracks! You should be able to confirm with that.

Comment

Short tail, plus the shape in the belly reminds me of a greyhound. Plus mountain lions have white underneath where belly is. I say a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
                      My first thought was dog at first too, but the nearest house with any dogs is half a mile away and those are black labs.
                      1/2 mile is a short distance for any dog to travel. Could be a stray. When I was a kid we hunted in Webb county, 2,000 acres in the middle of nowhere. No houses around for miles. We had a well kept chocolate lab that would show up when we hunted weekends. No idea where he came from but like I said, no houses for miles.

Comment

I rarely comment on these but of all the maybe pics this one looks like one to me. I see the part that looks kind of like a greyhound but I think the front left leg is back and is deceiving. I also see a more muscular neck...who knows

Looking again the tail does look too short.
                        Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 11-07-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Body seems lower to the ground and pretty long...... i'm thinking ML!

Comment

Not only is it a dog, it's a yeller dog.

Comment

I think it’s a lion. Ain’t no dogs belly shaped like that and I doubt their is a greyhound running around out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X