Deer movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer movement

Hunting outside Columbus near Mentz and deer movement is terrible.Been hunting here over 10 years and never have zeroed out till this morning. Always see at least does. This afternoon is no better. Nothing at all. Didn't hear but 1 shot this morning. Anyone else in the area being skunked?

Saw a similar story in Bell county this morning. Saw 1 buck chasing a doe out of range and that was it. No shots heard.

Comment

Deer movement

Austin Co. is very quiet. No sign of life all day!
      Hoping the hogs arrive soon at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by AfricaninTexas; 11-03-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

This ismy third sit of the weekend and I’ve yet to see a deer. I’ve only heard three shots. Opening day last year I heard ten or more. Wind is finally slowing so maybe that will help

Comment

SE TX. Is no better. Corn is piling up and sightings are nonexistent. Too many acorns in the woods now. No hogs or deer.

Comment

Seen a couple this morning and nothing this afternoon..

Comment

Cousin is hunting our family ranch in weimer right now and he said the same thing, one shot this morning and nothing is moving.

Comment

They’re moving..coming off full moon and acorns, happens every year.

Comment

Wind and acorns. Should only get better with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sucks this afternoon, I’ve seen two small bucks and 3 does, wind got them bedded up

Comment

I went this morning just to mess around and saw 4 does & a decent 8 point around 9:00. Most deer I've seen at one time in person since we bought the place (April of this year). No feeder or corn on the ground. Before I lost sight of them, some of the does were milling around beneath a live oak and the buck was nibbling on some of the low hanging limbs. This was NW Austin County.

Comment

Saw a few this morning but I think the wind really screwed things up.

Comment

Few miles west near Seguin and this morning was the first sit this year I've seen deer---4 does. But, like you, heard only a few (3) shots.

Comment

This morning was my best hunt so far. Deer were moving here in NE texas.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

In Karnes County and not moving here either. No one even the hogs. Camera pics show very little movement also.

Comment

Working...
                              X