No announcement yet.

Giant 8pt. Can’t find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few years ago I put a slick trick in one at 15 yards broadside. Thought shoot was good. Not a lot of penetration. Never found nothing. 10 days later he shows back with arrow gone and a hole in top of shoulder about 1/3 way down. Didn’t hit exactly where I thought I did. Killed him2 years later and recovered broad head which had worked all the wAy To the lower outside chest cavity. Hope you find him. Stay after it.

Comment

Sure hope this end well for you! You have any pics of the deer before you shot him

Comment

Hope you find him but I doubt the broadhead is to blame. 1st bow kill and biggest buck can add up to a lot of nerves

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
          Sure hope this end well for you! You have any pics of the deer before you shot him
          nope. I had a SPYPOINT camera up and when i went to check it and there was nothing on it. It’s a piece of junk. Good thing I don’t though. I would be even sicker.

Comment

Gotcha good luck brother!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              Hope you find him but I doubt the broadhead is to blame. 1st bow kill and biggest buck can add up to a lot of nerves
              It would have been my 4th bowkill. But you are correct it was my first opportunity at a buck with my bow and boy was I shaking like a leaf. With that said though, I thought that deer was dead within 100 yards after seeing my lumenok pin behind his shoulder.

Comment

Hopefully you will find the rack been through the same as you a few yrs ago with a drop tine buck that I never found. I hate losing deer.

Comment

Know the feeling all too well man... Sleepless nights and no closure until you see him again or find him. Had an instance like yours a couple years ago except on a low shot that literally had to have tickled the heart. Luckily he showed up on trail camera again that week and I was able to kill him the last day of season. Hope he turns up again and you get another crack at him!

Comment

Being an evening hunt in my experience they will often circle back to where they came from. It sure sounds like you made a killing shot. I'm surprised you didn't find part of the arrow right away. Good luck and I hope you see him again or find the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      You may have needed a better dog. If you tracked him initially then there had to have been a blood trail right? Your best bet was a dog as soon as you realized you couldn't find it.

I'd stay out there and listen for the coyotes

Good luck
                      Agree, with maybe a different dog. Even without blood if that deer is down, dog will find it if it is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                        Agree, with maybe a different dog. Even without blood if that deer is down, dog will find it if it is dead.
                        Or bay it if it's not dead...

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          Even in the rain?

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                            Being an evening hunt in my experience they will often circle back to where they came from. It sure sounds like you made a killing shot. I'm surprised you didn't find part of the arrow right away. Good luck and I hope you see him again or find the rack.
                            I knew where he was bedding. Did Grid search, radius search of about 800 yards, and put a dog on him. Still nothing man. It’s gonna haunt me not knowing where that deer is. Checked every creek bank, bedding area, and everywhere in between. Just sucks not having a blood trail or finding my arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Setxbowhunter58 View Post
                              Even in the rain?
                              Yes, plenty of deer have been tracked in the rain or after it has rained. Makes it harder, yes. Not saying it would %100, but if they deer is worth it I would atleast call one of the other guys. You can get on United blood trackers website and there is a list of trackers if you wanted to try a different dog.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                                Between using slicktricks and buzzard migration, you're screwed

Ive never heard of a buzzard migrating. Maybe the ones we have on our place in the winter come from canadia?

Comment

Working...
                                X