X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot for an antique

Comment

captain
      what kind of z71 ya got. i have a 2005 and am starting to have issues so looking for a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        Lots of flooded out trucks out there too. Watch out for those "good deals"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        THIS is so true!! I'm in the market to trade my King Ranch and have been doing a LOT of internet searches. All the dealers I have talked to have also said the "flood" trucks are beginning to surface. Most are NOT from what I would consider a reputable dealer, but rather some "fly by night" advertiser. For those who "would" include a VIN....bad news.

A dealer here in Granbury told me they have shipped a great deal of their used units to the flood areas due to inventory demands there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
          captain
          what kind of z71 ya got. i have a 2005 and am starting to have issues so looking for a replacement

My knock around truck is a 2003 Z71. I put in a new motor, tranny, new front end and started on the exterior stuff. I thank god every day I didn’t trade it. 30-40K for a 4wd truck compared to 3k to get it back to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
            captain
            It's a 2007, extended cab, LTZ trim. Been a good truck and my daily driver for over 10 years. It does have a little cosmetic damage on the passenger side from a car backing into me in a parking lot a couple years ago.

Probably not much of an upgrade from a 2005.

Comment

I've been shopping for an recent model ('13 to '16) F250 diesel for several hours day over the last couple of weeks. I'm blown away by the cost of a used F250.

I've almost gone to purchase a couple. Both were 2015 F250 Lariats

One had 39,*** miles, ingot metallic, new all toyo tires, clean as a whistle, 1 owner carfax and the dealer got down to $45,988.

The other almost identical, 30,*** miles, ingot metallic, 1 owner car fax clean bed no scratches for $45,900.
              Both were trucks I'd be ecstatic to own and drive.

I considered these deals to be the best due to the lower miles on a F250 Lariat. I even went and pulled 30k cash for down payment. I missed the first one, it sold the night before. The 2nd went to auction and came back, still available at dealership again..wierd.

Now I've been talked into a brand new 2017 F250 Lariat. I've found some right at $54K, but I talked to another trusted dealer who advised me to wait until FEB 15 for truck month to begin and I will get one at an even better price due to the rebates Ford will release.

I figured, heck IF I'm going to spend 46k plus on a truck with 30 - 40k miles I might as well spend 6 TO 8k more on a brand new truck with zero miles, full warranty and a new body and interior!

What gets me, is that I never even CONSIDERED THE THOUGHT of buying a new truck because I drive 40,000 to 50,000 miles a year at minimum! I did not want to take the hit on new truck, but considering what these used trucks are costing...its almost foolish for me not to buy a new one.

I'm waiting on Feb 15th to see what happens with pricing on a new one, but I'm almost to the point of frustration and what my father calls paralysis of analysis due to all the researching and shopping I've been doing. I'm about to say **** it and just buy one and get it behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                I've been shopping for an recent model ('13 to '16) F250 diesel for several hours day over the last couple of weeks. I'm blown away by the cost of a used F250.

One had 39,*** miles, ingot metallic, new all toyo tires, clean as a whistle, 1 owner carfax and the dealer got down to $45,988.

The other almost identical, 30,*** miles, ingot metallic, 1 owner car fax clean bed no scratches for $45,900.

I considered these deals to be the best due to the lower miles on a F250 Lariat. I even went and pulled 30k cash for down payment. I missed the first one, it sold the night before. The 2nd went to auction and came back, still available at dealership again..wierd.

Now I've been talked into a brand new 2017 F250 Lariat. I've found some right at $54K, but I talked to another trusted dealer who advised me to wait until FEB 15 for truck month to begin and I will get one at an even better price due to the rebates Ford will release.

I figured, heck IF I'm going to spend 46k plus on a truck with 30 - 40k miles I might as well spend 6 TO 8k more on a brand new truck with zero miles, full warranty and a new body and interior!

What gets me, is that I never even CONSIDERED THE THOUGHT of buying a new truck because I drive 40,000 to 50,000 miles a year at minimum! I did not want to take the hit on new truck, but considering what these used trucks are costing...its almost foolish for me not to buy a new one.

I'm waiting on Feb 15th to see what happens with pricing on a new one, but I'm almost to the point of frustration and what my father calls paralysis of analysis due to all the researching and shopping I've been doing. I'm about to say **** it and just buy one and get it behind me.

That’s what they are counting on.

Comment

I bought a 2006 4 door dodge TRX 4x4 with 65k for 12k.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Man I'm in the EXACT same boat! I don't know what the heck to do at this point. I'm going to continue a little longer on the used search, but I'm very tempted to buy new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Man I'm in the EXACT same boat! I don't know what the heck to do at this point. I'm going to continue a little longer on the used search, but I'm very tempted to buy new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                      I'm going to wait to see what truck month actually turns out to be. I'm also thinking after truck month there will potentially be better deals on used trucks...maybe. I was told by the GM of a dealer I trust that teuck month and the end of the year are the best deals on new trucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a 2011 F350 King Ranch on 2coolfishing today with a 141k miles for 27900 or obo.

Comment

Good looking truck! Whereabouts in Montgomery did you pick it up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. Just got the phone call that the delivery truck is an hour out from us. My new-to-me used truck will be here tonight.

Looks like you got a good deal on a great looking truck!
                            Last edited by Junkers88; 02-13-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

So $20K for a decade old truck is a good deal? I must be way out of touch.....I know trucks are high, but this seems a bit much. According to everyone's dialogue, this is normal procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                So $20K for a decade old truck is a good deal? I must be way out of touch.....I know trucks are high, but this seems a bit much. According to everyone's dialogue, this is normal procedure?
                                OP gave $14K if that’s the truck you are referring to

Comment

Working...
                                X