• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    x2
    x3

Comment

Will be in for this shirt!! Like that idea. Every time we go to the store we buy a bed load of water and drop off at a shelter. Think we are around 50 cases so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Michael thank you sir! Absolutely would prefer to help TBH'ers directly. Many of us will be helping in multiple places and organizations such as out churches and companies. I think we'd love to focus some help to our TBH brothers and sisters. Again, thank you sir!

Regarding asking or receiving help from others, let me tell you my story...
        As many of you know, back in 2013, my wife and I lost our only son. As you can imagine, we were totally devastated. The outpouring of well wishes and such from this site were just unbelievable. We felt the prayers, and many TBH'ers came to us to help... We did not feel good about being helped and really somewhat resisted it. We resisted help from our church family as well... In a conversation with one of our pastors, he gave us some of the most valuable advice we'd ever received and I think it is appropriate here.

My wife and I have always been the ones helping. We work and give to others... the old "it's better to give than receive"... thing, you know... Well our minister told us, "there are many, many people you have helped and been friends with for many years that are sincerely hurting with you and they want to help you. You should let them help you. It will be a blessing to you and more importantly really, it will be a blessing to them. You both know how you get pleasure and satisfaction from helping others, now is the time for others to help you and support you. Please let them."...

To my TBH brothers and sisters, it's the same right now for you! If you have been devastated by this terrible disaster, you need help! Pride has nothing to do with it. It is our nature to want to help others. It is NOT for the most part our nature to receive that help... You must make an effort to receive the blessing of help and at the same time, you will allow those of us who want to and can help, help you and be blessed.

God direct our paths, and bring us all through this together, stronger, closer and in accordance with Your will, Amen.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Michael thank you sir! Absolutely would prefer to help TBH'ers directly. Many of us will be helping in multiple places and organizations such as out churches and companies. I think we'd love to focus some help to our TBH brothers and sisters. Again, thank you sir!

Regarding asking or receiving help from others, let me tell you my story...
          As many of you know, back in 2013, my wife and I lost our only son. As you can imagine, we were totally devastated. The outpouring of well wishes and such from this site were just unbelievable. We felt the prayers, and many TBH'ers came to us to help... We did not feel good about being helped and really somewhat resisted it. We resisted help from our church family as well... In a conversation with one of our pastors, he gave us some of the most valuable advice we'd ever received and I think it is appropriate here.

My wife and I have always been the ones helping. We work and give to others... the old "it's better to give than receive"... thing, you know... Well our minister told us, "there are many, many people you have helped and been friends with for many years that are sincerely hurting with you and they want to help you. You should let them help you. It will be a blessing to you and more importantly really, it will be a blessing to them. You both know how you get pleasure and satisfaction from helping others, now is the time for others to help you and support you. Please let them."...

To my TBH brothers and sisters, it's the same right now for you! If you have been devastated by this terrible disaster, you need help! Pride has nothing to do with it. It is our nature to want to help others. It is NOT for the most part our nature to receive that help... You must make an effort to receive the blessing of help and at the same time, you will allow those of us who want to and can help, help you and be blessed.

God direct our paths, and bring us all through this together, stronger, closer and in accordance with Your will, Amen.

Thanks.
          Well said Slick !

Comment

any word on this?

I'm headed to Houston area Monday or Tuesday. If anyone down there needs anything specific let me know....Please!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I'm in for a 2x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Has a fund been set up, or just the T shirt program? I need to donate, but don't need a bunch of shirts.

Comment

No one can ever predict, when the natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, fire, earthquake, floods will occur. When they take place, a large number of people are left homeless, and some are injured or killed in some case. Thus, my sister believes in joining the non profit organization like mission humanitaire to help the victims.

Comment

As you would expect, there are MANY here on TBH that want to do whatever they can to help neighbors (and specifically TBHers) affected by Harvey.

Comment

I want to thank every one of y'all that has helped for Harvey relief. My wife and I were right in the middle of Hurricane Harvey. My daughter and her husband lost everything and they had to stay with us for 9 months after the storm. I've had several of my friends that lost everything and I have to say that it's people like y'all that kept everyone in this area going! Not the federal government, not the Red Cross. It was churches, individuals like y'all that helped. Thank y'all so much for what y'all have done! Take care and may God bless!

Comment

Working...
                        X