Henry 30-30...anyone own one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry 30-30...anyone own one?

I've been wanting to get one. I know it's not a great cartridge but I've always wanted to try hunting with a lever gun like my grandpa used to. The Henry is the best looking lever gun IMO but I've never held one much less fired one. If you do own one, what do you think of it?

My dad has a .22 Henry and its a shooter. Love the looks of the of the 30-30. If it shoots as good as his .22 you will be happy.

Comment

"Not a great cartridge." Why not? I grew up hunting with a 30-30 for deer and hogs. I still use it on hogs. It has great knock down power. Mine has killed everything I've shot with it. Long distance it's not great, but 150 yards in it's deadly

Comment

Never shot there .30-30 but have a big boy in 44 mag and love it. I also love my marlin .30-30 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one and love it. It is smooth and very accurate at 100 yds. 30-30 is plenty good to 150 for whitetail size critters.
          Mine shoots 150 grain Federals great but doesn't care much for the LeveRevolution ammo.

I also have a 44mag, 22lr and a 17HMR and all are extremely well made and accurate.

Can't speak for anyone else.

JC

Comment

Go buy a used Winchester 30-30 and DON'T put a scope on it. Be like John Wayne!

Seriously, they are lightweight and fun to hunt with...makes you want to get close like with a bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Go buy a used Winchester 30-30 and DON'T put a scope on it. Be like John Wayne!

Seriously, they are lightweight and fun to hunt with...makes you want to get close like with a bow!
              This. I was eyein a Marlin but was convinced to chase a pre 64 model 94. Got it today from gunbroker.com. It's a quintessential deer gun. I killed my first deer with my brother's and now have one of my own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                This. I was eyein a Marlin but was convinced to chase a pre 64 model 94. Got it today from gunbroker.com. It's a quintessential deer gun. I killed my first deer with my brother's and now have one of my own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                Greatest gun ever; not necessarily the best ballistics and technical specs, but catch myself swaggering when I walk with it and calling people pilgrim!

Comment

Not a great cartridge? Maybe not ballisticly but more deer been killed with a 30-30 than any other cartridge. Not a long range choice but think about it, most shots are within 100 yards. Great on hogs and varmints in and out of brush. Marlin, winchester, or henry, all good.

Comment

I have a Henry lever in 45-70. I love shooting it

Comment

If you want a lever gun in 30-30, get a Winchester...

Comment

Working...
                      X