What kinda lease will $5,000 get you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinda lease will $5,000 get you?

Throw me in the boat with everyone else looking for a new lease for 2018. What kinda deer lease can you expect to get on for $5,000/gun? I've got several current lease members looking also that all want to kill a 150" or better....

Anybody know of a place that can do that? Would like to stay in Texas and HF or LF doesn't matter as long as it isn't to small.

PM Sent

Comment

interested in the responses...i would think $5000 would get you a mighty fine spot somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
        PM Sent
        replied

Comment

should get you a pretty large deer lease with pretty large deer i would think. average price for a average deer lease is half that.

Comment

$5K will likely get you on a lease with good deer but then you'll probably spend that much more in feed and corn.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
              $5K will likely get you on a lease with good deer but then you'll probably spend that much more in feed and corn.
              Yes sir. Feed is becoming the expensive part of the equation these days if you want to consistently havrvest big bucks. 5k should get you on a place with low hunter density and good genetics in most parts of the state (I.e. not South Texas).

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
                PM Sent
                Let me know if there is any interest and I can send him the info.

Comment

If only there was a device that you could put on the down-tube on your protein feeder to control the amount of feed and time it to a cycle..

Comment

We're fine with splitting up the protein and corn bill between us on top of the lease fee if that's what it takes to get on a good place with good deer. We would like to have a long term contract in place as well if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                      Let me know if there is any interest and I can send him the info.
                      I sent him a PM. Please send me any info. you have

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        If only there was a device that you could put on the down-tube on your protein feeder to control the amount of feed and time it to a cycle..
                        Hahaha, yeah, if only......

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                          I sent him a PM. Please send me any info. you have
                          I sent you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                            I sent you a pm.
                            replied

Comment

There is a pretty good lease in Nacogdoches county that shoots some big deer every year. I’ve heard it’s tough hunting and you have to be a really good hunter to get a big one every year though.

Comment

Working...
                              X