X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy stops truck thieft with a

Fast thinking ... glad it ended ok

With a what?

Your title reminds me of click bait. I've had a lot of bad experiences with those.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      With a what?

Your title reminds me of click bait. I've had a lot of bad experiences with those.
      This is what the 9 yo boy said in the article.

“As soon as he opened the door, I got scared,” said Larimore. “So I pulled out the pellet gun and pointed it to his head.”

Comment

No click bait but as icetrauma states a pellet gun ... kid has guts

Comment

Good for the little guy!

Comment

Tough on the kid but his decision will make an impact on the rest of his life in a positive way.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

should have shot the guys eye out.

Comment

Good for the little guy for doing what he could to stay safe. Apparently his dad is an idiot. 1) don't leave your car running when you'return not in it. 2) ESPECIALLY don't leave your car running when you'return not in and your kid is. 3) don't get in a high speed pursuit with the suspect.... ESPECIALLY with your kid in the car. Pursuits a very dangerous even for those of us who have training and are running with lights and sirens to warn folks. It's only a car. It's not worth the life of you or your kid to chase the suspect. This is why we have insurance. And, if you don't get in a pursuit, there's a solid chance the car gets recovered without having been wrecked, such as in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                    Good for the little guy for doing what he could to stay safe. Apparently his dad is an idiot. 1) don't leave your car running when you'return not in it. 2) ESPECIALLY don't leave your car running when you'return not in and your kid is. 3) don't get in a high speed pursuit with the suspect.... ESPECIALLY with your kid in the car. Pursuits a very dangerous even for those of us who have training and are running with lights and sirens to warn folks. It's only a car. It's not worth the life of you or your kid to chase the suspect. This is why we have insurance. And, if you don't get in a pursuit, there's a solid chance the car gets recovered without having been wrecked, such as in this case.
                    Lol......I was thinking the same thing while reading the story. Dad needs to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

Comment

Car eunning

If I leave me 10 yr old in the car when I go into a store, I stand there until she locks the door. Don’t have to, because she is smart enough to do it herself. But always make sure it’s locked and always have eyes on it.

Comment

Fast thinking kid! No thinking dad! Glad it turned out for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          If I leave me 10 yr old in the car when I go into a store, I stand there until she locks the door. Don’t have to, because she is smart enough to do it herself. But always make sure it’s locked and always have eyes on it.
                          You really would be amazed how many cars get stolen with kids inside in these same conditions. It's not as frequently with kids the age of your daughter. But, it does happen. Most of the time, the dude that did it was messed up on some sort of dope, got in and drove off, no realizing there was a kid/s in the car. They get several blocs away before they realize and then pull over, get out and take off in foot. Most of these guys want nothing to do with your kid. But why take a chance at putting your kid in a traumatizing situation?

Comment

Thanks for posting what happened. I wasn't falling for the OP's click bait

Comment

Good job kid!

Dad . . . not so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X