Any real reason to kill this fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any real reason to kill this fox?

I have a 10-acre field behind my house, and for the last couple of weeks pretty much every night I have a gray fox come out and pick at my apple corn along the tree line. I know a lot of people kill them, but I've enjoyed watching him. If I had chickens I'd take him out, but I don't. That being said, is there realistically anything to worry about having him around? Do they negatively affect deer? I'm not worried about my dogs, but do have a barn cat. Your thoughts?

Leave it and watch it. They are very cool critters to watch and easy to pattern

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Leave it and watch it. They are very cool critters to watch and easy to pattern
      X2

I enjoy watching them.

Comment

I'd leave him be if you don't have anything you're worried about it eating. Doesn't sound like you're over run with fox. One lone fox that's a regular visitor will be cheap entertainment.

Comment

I have a nice big male that lives near my stand. He trots right past me all the time. The deer don't even look up. Sometimes I think he would sure look nice above the fireplace...but sometimes it's nice to just watch them...

Comment

No need go end his life if he's not being a threat to you or any pets or livestock you may have. Fun and sometimes comical to watch.

Comment

There’s no reason to kill it.

Comment

He takes a tole on birds and bird eggs. Quail and turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                  Neither are around my house.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm just gonna enjoy watching him

Comment

Nope. Hopefully he's doing some damage on those pesky squirrels.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.
                        You know the rules.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a bunch of foxes at my place. I never kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                            This is the only reason I shoot them.

Comment

I have only shot one fox, wished I would not have. I have only seen maybe 10 foxes in my life. Coyotes, I will shoot, without much thought, but foxes are few and far between. Typically cool to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X