Any TPWD archery draw hunt success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any TPWD archery draw hunt success?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success on the draw hunts taking place accross the state this month.

Mine starts next week at Gus Engeling! I'm hoping that with this weather change and the rut beginning and IF I get the section I'd like to hunt, that I break my 6 year long dry spell (at GE WMA not overall!)......
    I'm really getting pretty pumped about it too! I've seen some really nice bucks in there and am looking forward to it!

Comment

I put my daughter in for all of the Youth Archery & Rifle hunts this year.

I'm proud to say she got a perfect score of 100%!!!

Even though it was 100% "sorry, you weren't drawn" notices sent back to us

Comment

I put my daughter in for all of the Youth Archery & Rifle hunts this year.

I'm proud to say she got a perfect score of 100%!!!
        You didn't get drawn because you were disqualifed, you are only allowed to apply once in each category (you can't apply for all the youth archery hunts just once), how much money did you lose.

Comment

Hmm weird we didn't send in any money for the drawings as we didn't see anything saying it cost us to enter....and each one of the notifications said we didn't get drawn, not disqualified.

If we are disqualified wouldn't we get a notification saying we were disqualified?

Comment

Oh forgot the youth hunts are free, call the phone # 512-389-8221and check your draw status on their automated system and you will find out if they were DQ'ed or not, per the rules they should have been.

Comment

That has to be heart breaking for a little one that dont get there draw that would be a real gut wrencher to me if that happen to me at a young age probably be traumatizing.

Comment

Youth hunts are free. Last year my son got drawn for Lake Sommerville and it was one of the most fun times we've had hunting. Good luck!

Comment

Didn't get to go on one this year. I had planned on making at least one, but if it wasn't for Murphy's Law, I might have went on one.
                  My son's draw hunt at Gus Engeling is coming up this weekend. Hopefully Murphy has left town already!!!

Comment

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that Phone #.

I called this evening and got the "you did not win a hunt in this catagory" message.

Thank you Boss Man for the INfO!!

Looks like I'll have to try and find her something else

Comment

Well its november, most of the archery hunts have concluded, but haven't heard much. I've been hearing it was a fairly slow october alot of places.

Comment

I came up empty handed from Granger. Lots of tracks where I was but only saw ONE doe 6 am in a cornfield Wed.Lots of scrapes but produced nothing yet,hunted them hard. I did find a better spot this morning way over by the river before the mandated 11 am check out time. Lots of hawgs were seen by all and a nice 160 was seen by the water treatment plant I believe

Comment

What compartment number did you hunt, interested because we'll be there in december? Where no deer or hogs harvested, doesn't sound real promising?

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
                            What compartment number did you hunt, interested because we'll be there in december? Where no deer or hogs harvested, doesn't sound real promising?
                            I hunted 6 or E as they called it..could we blame it o the weather? NAAAA... I personaly think I should have seen some kind of deer in the woods...lots of hogs all over the place..TPWD says December is the heavy rut but I noticed they were chasing on the golf curse last week in Georgetown,,werent chasing SQUAT where I was

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                              Mine starts next week at Gus Engeling! I'm hoping that with this weather change and the rut beginning and IF I get the section I'd like to hunt, that I break my 6 year long dry spell (at GE WMA not overall!)......
                              I'm really getting pretty pumped about it too! I've seen some really nice bucks in there and am looking forward to it!
                              We hunted the Gus Engeling WMA from 10-29 thru 11-02, and found the hunting to be very difficult. The weather was pleasant, the sign very abundant, the acorn crop outstanding but the deer painfully absent. When we signed out at around 11:00 a.m. on the last day there had only been 2 does taken. We hunted in the SE section of the WMA and I only saw one deer from the stand, but my hunting partner did much better, he saw 6 bucks and 2 does. That doesn't constitute much success when you take into account the antler restriction. Under normal circumstances I would have flung a projectile at the 8 point that I had within 15 yds and had a spread of approximately 14 inches, but the restriction and potential consequences of a mistake made me let the deer walk. I would be interested in hearing how your hunt went.

Comment

Working...
                              X