Blind Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
    Only way to combat all this is for TPWD to issue permits for blinds. You and the blind have this info on them at all times. 1 permit per person. That person has to be present for others to use that blind. Blind can be put up 1 month prior to season and must be removed 1 month afterwards. Get caught by the GW without the permit for the blind and you get a ticket. Other laws can be added to fill in any gaps
    Uh no!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
      You could also ban permanent blinds and issue tickets to anyone caught hunting out of them.
      This is how you combat the problem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

You could also ban permanent blinds and issue tickets to anyone caught hunting out of them.

this^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
          this^^^^
          I'm all for it!

Comment

I worked for a hunting club, blinds on public water, we had padlocks, one morning we had hunters in the blind, asked them to leave, they refused, owner took out his lighter and said he was about to torch the blind if they didn't vacate. Door was still locked, so they exited through the bay brush the same way they came in. If you don't build your own, don't use someone else's unless you have permission. It's really about respecting other people and their efforts.
            Good thing the guy with the lighter didn’t get shot in self defense by the guys in the blind.
            “Your honor that man was going to set us on fire so we had no choice but to shoot”

I probably wouldn’t hunt in a blind that appeared newly made and actively used, but if I got to that spot first in the morning I would have no problem setting up next to it.
            This is why no permanent structure should be allowed on public. Only build a blind out of something that can be taken down and hauled out after the hunt.
            Ultimately, I agree with this. The coast is littered with old blinds anyway.
            Last edited by backwoods; 12-21-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
              We will have to disagree on this. I am NOT going to sit in someone else's blind. I do not care if it is on public waterway. I was not taught wrongly, in my opinion, to leave other people and their stuff alone just because it is on public property.
              Here you go again, "their stuff." The nanosecond they put "their stuff" on public property, it becomes "public stuff." If you don't hunt other's blinds on public property, good for you; that's your prerogative. There's nothing wrong with that mentality. There's also nothing wrong with someone finding a blind in the bay and jumping in it before anyone else gets there, regardless if they were the ones that built it. This is THE REASON that it's called public land. If we all followed these magical "ethics" that you speak of, there'd be no public land to hunt for any of us. You can't hunt any public land in Texas where someone hasn't been hunting since they were kids, or where some hunting club isn't treating the public property as their own personal back 40. The purpose of the law is to make sure that people don't start homesteading areas of public land.

This problem stems, not from people hunting public land blinds, but from those who attempt to claim those blinds and areas for themselves. But if I was in a public blind and someone (who built it) showed up, I'd graciously offer for them to join me. I'd also expect REAL courtesy and respect from those hunters by not making an issue of it. They should know the law just as I do. The same goes for fishing. If I'm out there fishing, I don't care if one or two guys roll up and want to fish near me. As long as they're not screwing up the fishing and crossing my line, I'm perfectly ok with someone joining me. It wouldn't be any different if I'd brought a couple of friends to stand their and fish. Some people just can't seem to handle others being in their Astrodome sized "bubble."

Comment

^well stated!

I support this 100%

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                Good thing the guy with the lighter didn’t get shot in self defense by the guys in the blind.
                “Your honor that man was going to set us on fire so we had no choice but to shoot”
                That's a fact, Jack. (duck dynasty reference)

Comment

Evidently the new guys aren't using blinds anymore. No decoys, calls, early mornings...too much work. Was down in POC last weekend with my wife doing some fishing and scouting around about noon on Sunday. We were coming through saluria when I heard a few shots, which I thought was odd for that time of day. Then I see this boat with a,mud motor come out of a cove, right behind a group of buffleheads with a guy standing on the bow with a shotgun. He sat down real quick and they changes their heading when they saw us. Still got the boat number though.

I like to just set up on the banks in our jet sleds covered up, works every time.

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                    Evidently the new guys aren't using blinds anymore. No decoys, calls, early mornings...too much work. Was down in POC last weekend with my wife doing some fishing and scouting around about noon on Sunday. We were coming through saluria when I heard a few shots, which I thought was odd for that time of day. Then I see this boat with a,mud motor come out of a cove, right behind a group of buffleheads with a guy standing on the bow with a shotgun. He sat down real quick and they changes their heading when they saw us. Still got the boat number though.

I like to just set up on the banks in our jet sleds covered up, works every time.

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Wow, that’s a new tactic. I’m guessing the GW will have fun on that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a new tactic unfortunately, but still just as illegal.

Comment

Working...
                      X