how much hand corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much hand corn

heading down friday, wont get in until 6-7 and gonna run out to a spot and put out some hand corn. ive never hand corned that spot, or anywhere close to there. not going to hunt it until saturday midday. how much do i put out? 10lbs? 20?

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
    heading down friday, wont get in until 6-7 and gonna run out to a spot and put out some hand corn. ive never hand corned that spot, or anywhere close to there. not going to hunt it until saturday midday. how much do i put out? 10lbs? 20?
    I say as much as you are willing to carry.

Comment

yes

Comment

150 lbs

I have 4 corn piles and ty to keep a 150lbs on each spot, the deer can smell it for miles and they will stay on it

Comment

I normally just fill a one gallon zip lock bag. Just because it's easy to carry and if you spread it out, it'll last a good while.

Comment

50-100 lbs depending on deer density can get wiped out in two days or a week. If hogs find it can get cleaned out overnight

Comment

Same here. 50 to a 100

Comment

At least a 50 lb bag

Comment

As much as you are willing to spend on corn

Comment

Normally I'll throw out a 50lb bag at at time, but I can recharge it every 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                      I normally just fill a one gallon zip lock bag. Just because it's easy to carry and if you spread it out, it'll last a good while.
                      X2

Comment

My deer wipe it out daily. I usually use a 2 gallon bucket.

If I am going to hunt that day I will put it in lines so that they end up broadside. If I am going to hunt it in a day or two I will throw it everywhere even in bushes. I want them to spend time looking and I want it to last.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                          50-100 lbs depending on deer density can get wiped out in two days or a week. If hogs find it can get cleaned out overnight

50lbs lasts me about two weeks because I only have 5-6 deer (only) visiting. At another place we put out 100lbs of corn a day on weekends because hogs will wipe it out 50-75lbs each night

Comment

If I'm buying a bag of corn to hand corn for a weekend hunt, I'll use the whole bag. No since leaving a partial bag in the truck.

Comment

I put out from 15-25 lbs every time I hunt. That is beside what the road feeder and spin feeder put out.

Comment

Working...
                              X