No announcement yet.

Any real reason to kill this fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they COULD kill a cat, but I think it would be super rare except for maybe kittens. We throw leftover food into our backyard and a pair of foxes comes up to eat it at night. Our cats just lay there and watch them, not ten feet away. They've never made the slightest move toward a cat or for that matter raccoons and possums that also come up and eat the leftovers. Gray Foxes mostly eat mice and rats. A rabbit is about the biggest thing they would normally prey on. That is, unless they develop a taste for easy chickens. They are also omnivores and I've sat and watched them eat berries off of a bush. They are cool animals and welcome around our place.

Comment

I like seeing foxes. They are cool little critters. For me they get a pass, still would like to have a pelt though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        cause hes eating them all
        nah, there aren't any in my area.

Comment

I have reds and grays that visit my backyard several nights a week , the reds wreek havac on my chickens and kittins when there around . so the reds get SHOT . the grays don't bother my chickens or anything else but I do leave food out for them . so they get a pass . I'm sure they can cause more damage in outher places but these here are not a problem and fun to watch. I did watch an owl take a gray out last year . that was sad for the fox but cool to watch how deadly an owl can be.
          Last edited by breadman; 10-30-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

If you want a turkey population or have chickens there are plenty reasons

Comment

He's currently eating apple corn out near my game cam, so hopefully I'll get a couple of pics to post of him.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                If you want a turkey population or have chickens there are plenty reasons
                I don't have chickens, and as far as I know there aren't turkeys this far south, so no worries on either of those issues

Comment

Cool critters... they get a pass from me. They may take a few turkeys, but I'm sure they also eat baby piglets and hogs are hard on turkey nests. Their main diet is mice and rats.

Grey's are really neat to watch. Act more like cats and even pretty good at climbing trees.

Shadow, our gray fox climbing in his enclosure. The gray fox lives mostly in a forest landscape. To avoid predators, forage for food and even den they have m...

Comment

Working...
                  X