Wireless Game Cameras. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Game Cameras. Worth it?

Thinking about getting one, haven't even started shopping brands/models yet. Wanted to see what everyone thought of them. My drive to the woods is 45 min to an hour, and I like the idea of images coming in immediately rather than checking on the weekly - biweekly, I would think that'd give you a huge edge in knowing if your target buck is appearing during shooting hours.

Please share what you know and have experienced, and if you think they're worthy, what brand/model/service provider?

Thanks.

Heck yeah! Love my 4 coverts

Comment

I'm on my third covert after the first two failed and they replaced them. So far so good on this one.

Comment

What kind of montly costs are you seeing with the wireless models? I'm unsure of what to even expect. How much does the cost go up per camera?

Comment

I'm interested in this too. It would be darn convenient, but it seems like I might better spend my hunting money elsewhere.

Comment

They are nice but expensive up front and you have to have a wireless type plan for most I do believe. But my main concern for you us that you put this in Public Hunting Opportunities forum which leads me to believe this cam will go on public land? If so, I don't know if I would do that. Too expensive of a camera to risk losing and I doubt most will walk by it and leave it there if they realize what it is. Just a thought.

Comment

I put this on the public forum by accident... if someone can, please shoot this over to the Around the Campfire.

In regards to putting it on public land, I have a couple places I might risk it... Hanging it high using a climbing stick and locking it up would make me feel even better.

Are there any wireless cameras that DON'T require a monthly wireless plan? You said most, just wondering.

Comment

We used the Covert last season and absolutely loved it... only problem is we were going through 12 AA batteries every week!
                This season I decided to shop around and ended up going with the Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor (Ebay $240). So far so good, but I cant attest as to the battery issue as Ive only had it a few days. First month is unlimited pictures so you can get a feel for your usage. After that, data plans range from $7- $59/mo depending on how many pictures you want. Im going with the $19 3,000 pic plan.
                I've also heard Spartan makes a good wireless camera, do your research watch all the review videos. Whichever route you decide you're going to love it. Nothing like getting live updates from the field!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just posted a spartan go cam in the classifieds if you're interested.

Comment

I have two Covert Blackhawks Verizon Plan $18.99 a month for 5000 pictures for each camera. Probably don't need that many pictures per camera.

Comment

Working...
                    X