No announcement yet.

any one in north texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a lot of deer at the LBJ GrassLands when turkey hunting. Never actually been deer hunting there but my wife and I go turkey hunting there every spring and do pretty good.
    I may be down for a forum kinda hunt out there. It's much better than the piney woods public lands in my opinion!

Comment

i use to hunt around the DFW area for a long time and only hunted public land....make sure you know the regs and go out of your way to the places way beyond the beaten path....worked well for me for a good 3 years....

Comment

I know this is an older thread. However I just wanted to know some specifics of how to get started hunting these areas. Outside of the annual public hunting permit, license, hunters Ed card, blaze orange.
        I'd like to rifle hunt up there. I haven't done any kind of scouting.

Comment

Very little land where rifle is allowed. Shotgun or bow is your best bet. I bought the annual public land permit before I bow hunted and was shocked to see that I couldn't get on most places.

Comment

I think the only public lands in north texas that still allow centerfire rifles are LBJ and Caddo national grasslands most everything else is restricted to archery there are some shotgun/slug areas but they require a draw. A little south of there but they also allow centerfire rifles on the mine land in robertson co.

Comment

I talked with the game warden about it. Where I was planning to go allows center fire rifle (Caddo national grasslands) good thing I'm buying a bow Friday in prep for next year's hunt.

Comment

Working...
              X