How small is too small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How small is too small?

Just curious what you guys feel like is too small of a property to bow hunt? I’ve got 15 acres in Pipe Creek that I can hunt, but I don’t know if I want to try to bow hunt it or not. I’m worried about deer making it off the property and not being able to recover it. It’s an odd shaped property, so you’re never very far from a boundary line.
    Attached Files

I have 11 acres that backs up to about 400 acres. I can't make myself bow hunt it for the same reason. I know the neighbors right and left so not a problem retrieving a deer. But I don't know the owner of the big ranch behind me and I'm sure that's where it would run.

Comment

i would never buy a tract of land smaller than 500 acres

Comment

I would suggest hunt the land. If one of the bigger neighbors has a deer run on your land and die, I'm sure they will be calling you for recovery. Meet your neighbors and enjoy the hunt!

Comment

I've bow hunted 12 acres for 2 years and never had a deer run off the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
            When I'm made of money ill do the same, until then I'll buy in my budget

Comment

Hunt it

If you make a good shot, the deer will die in 30-75 yds

If you make a marginal shot, you may never find the thing regardless

Comment

Lol.... ok, because everyone can afford 500 acres.. kind of an arrogant statement no?

Comment

Does this mean you own 500 acres in Houston or do you rent?

Comment

I hunt behind my house on 85 acres but my bow blind is only fifty yards from the property line. It's there because it's the best spot for wind direction vs. bedding area. Nobody hunts the neighbor's place, nobody lives on it, and if a deer runs onto it I'm just gonna go get it. We don't have any agreement, but we do know them and their grandmother is a close friend of my wife. Know your neighbors and you'll be fine.

Comment

Is that a dry creek bed behind the property? It’s perfectly legal to hunt 15 acres so make a good shot and go for it. Plenty of people hunting less than 15 acres around Pipe Creek. When I hunt small places around town I try to figure out where the deer come from and where they will run when spooked. Try to get them as far on to the property as you can before the shot. I don’t have many go more than 60-70 yards with a good shot. Good luck.

Comment

How small is too small?

Congrats on being rich or never owing a piece of property. I would bet that 90% of tbh couldn't buy a 500 acre piece of property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Black Ice; 11-26-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I would bowhunt just be sure and take good shots within your comfort zone. High probability of axis in that area makes it even better!

Comment

Hunt away. Absolutly,

Comment

Anyone want to buy my 52 acres? I feel so..... tiny now

Comment

Working...
                              X