This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    I don't disagree, but I'd much rather see a rs freshmen with a year of development under his belt take snaps than a true freshmen like C Williams play for three and leave. They have two big uglies well worth their commitments attached to the 2020 cycle and will likely add 2 more if not 3.

They'll pull a transfer x 2 would be my assumption.

Lost 2 starters, Shack will be a Senior. I hope Grandy makes an impact.

It's no longer the weak unit it was. The old school OL of mostly Seniors and Juniors are becoming less common!
    Grandy is already on a medical redshirt. He gone.

They are actively pursuing 2 grad transfer OL that I know of, but they are guards.

The situation is better, but it is not good. This staff’s evaluations are much stronger than the previous two staffs, but I am still bewildered that they have not committed more numbers to the position, though part of that is due to the weak in state class. But, they knew it was weak going in and didn’t manage to find anyone out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Grandy is already on a medical redshirt. He gone.

They are actively pursuing 2 grad transfer OL that I know of, but they are guards.

The situation is better, but it is not good. This staff’s evaluations are much stronger than the previous two staffs, but I am still bewildered that they have not committed more numbers to the position, though part of that is due to the weak in state class. But, they knew it was weak going in and didn’t manage to find anyone out of state.
      I forgot about Grandy being done.

As mentioned (old school), these guys play what they consider their best these days.

Texas OL versus UGA, left to right. Transfer Senior, Sr, True Jr, 5th year Sr, RS Freshmen

UGA OL versus Texas, left to right. Soph, RS Soph, Sr, Freshmen, Rs Freshmen.

It's all up to Hand and Yancy, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        If you have three QB’s and two are freshman, you don’t have depth.
        That's not what Saban says . .

Comment

I think we will know more about the rankings in a couple of years when we see if the coaching can develop these kids. No doubt both Texas and A&M are making progress recruiting and on the field. I do agree with BrandonA, Jimbo is a proven winner and if you listen to him, you will like what you hear. Time will tell if he can get them into the playoffs but it sure looks like he is well on his way. The Aggies seem to be doing an excellent job of recruiting for their needs...something that I think was missing under Sumlin.
          I question that Mond can be the QB that gets you to the next level but I cannot argue with Jimbo's decision as he has a pretty good track record.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

In the end. The teams that have been on top of the CFB pedestal put together Strings of top 10 recruiting classes over periods longer than 1-5 years. More like 10 plus!

It takes consistency to replenish at a high level. Hopefully, the next 8-10 years are a lot of fun to watch!

Texas finished something like 6, 2, 4, 2, from 2009-2012 and we all saw how that unfolded...
            Last edited by Chad C; 02-07-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              In the end. The teams that have been on top of the CFB pedestal put together Strings of top 10 recruiting classes over periods longer than 1-5 years. More like 10 plus!

It takes consistency to replenish at a high level. Hopefully, the next 8-10 years are a lot of fun to watch!

Texas finished something like 6, 2, 4, 2, from 2009-2012 and we all saw how that unfolded...
              For the most part true, I'd have to look but I think Clemson is the outlier for this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Ban bets are worse. Such would be detrimental to the site. Not gonna happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Not as silly as grown men stalking 18-19 year-olds.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  For the most part true, I'd have to look but I think Clemson is the outlier for this though.
                  Still pretty salty over the last 8 years and the trend is up. 20, 15, 16, 9, 11, 16, 7, 10. and they stocked up this year taking 29.

I'm not saying the coaching staff is irrelevant. Dabo is a good one!
                  Last edited by Chad C; 02-07-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    #3 is being laughed at? People can laugh all they want....I’ll take 3.
                    ESPN fired all their folks. Their recruiting evaluation department works on a skeleton crew and half assed their evaluations. Hell they prob stopped in September.������. It’s about as accurate as the Luicci 44.����The composite was where it was at until it didn’t benefit yall��. We all know the composite is the end all in here. Hell Texas did it with one less commit too... as did Georgia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C8096D5-76F6-407F-837D-367F4C1FC4AB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24570746
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-07-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I hope I’m wrong but I just think mond is going to be the weakest link of this A&M team next year. I think Blumrick needs a fair shot at some playing time the kid can play but it sure seems like Mond is going to be the guy No matter what .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        I hope I’m wrong but I just think mond is going to be the weakest link of this A&M team next year. I think Blumrick needs a fair shot at some playing time the kid can play but it sure seems like Mond is going to be the guy No matter what .

How do we know Blumrick can play against the better teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          How do we know Blumrick can play against the better teams?

Well we don’t but . How do you know if anyone can play against better teams without giving them a chance?

Comment

It appears we have a horn fan not pumping sunshine? It’s refreshing.

Comment

Well we don’t but . How do you know if anyone can play against better teams without giving them a chance?

You just said the kid can play and needs his shot as if he’s gonna be better than Mond.

Mond has shown he can play against the better teams. I was just curious what led you to believe Blumrick can play?

Comment

I agree with this 100%. He can't make decisions quick enough IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X