Limestone price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limestone price ?

What is a good price for 6tons of really clean 1 inch limestone ? I was quoted $350 delivered not sure if that’s good our not?

The rock is the cheap part . 6.50-10.00 a ton plus transportation. 3 yards is a small load and will probaly be brought out in a small dump trailer. The prices I posted are from my area. Clean 1” is widely used for concrete batch plants and is a hot item.

Comment

The $350 is 6 tons delivered in a dump trailer. About half the size of a large dump truck. So it sounds like this price might be high?

Comment

I paid about $500 for a 10 yard truck load about a year ago

Comment

How many miles for delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            The $350 is 6 tons delivered in a dump trailer. About half the size of a large dump truck. So it sounds like this price might be high?
            Remember that your material is about 1.5 tons per yard, so you're only gonna get about 4 cu.yds. of material. That is far less than half of a large dump truck which carries about 20tons of material or (13-14 yds). Your price seems high to me, but I can get you some good comps tomorrow if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Remember that your material is about 1.5 tons per yard, so you're only gonna get about 4 cu.yds. of material. That is far less than half of a large dump truck which carries about 20tons of material or (13-14 yds). Your price seems high to me, but I can get you some good comps tomorrow if you'd like.
              Yes please do if you have time. I’m not trying to be cheap I just want to make sure I get a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                How many miles for delivery?
                Less then 10 miles.

Comment

I recently bought a couple of loads. 14 yards for $448 a load.

Comment

I just had two 15 ton loads delivered 6 miles for $450.00 but that's here in Illinois.

Comment

I would think they are pricing it high due to the small amount you need.

Comment

We're did you get the price at. I got a price on milled asphalt 55 a ton . Is it coming from Cleveland? In my opinion it is the trucking that is driving the cost. But Curt does that for a living so he should know.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          Less then 10 miles.
                          It should be no more than 250 unless the rock itself is very high, we pay 13.50 a ton picked up.

Comment

I own a aggregate supply business if you bought from me the price for 6 tons (4.5 CY) would be $350 delivered. Now im in the Woodlands so I am just giving you the cost for comparison for 5 miles. That is about the going rate, we actually tend to be a little cheaper than most.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Hey Curt, could you also send me those comp's too. My place is not too far from Sharkhunter. My neighbor to my north had some limestone/caliche roadbase mix delivered recently too. He's a home builder and told me he could get mine set up when I needed it, but not sure of cost.
                              Thx,
                              Charlie

Comment

Working...
                              X