No announcement yet.

What amount of money is life changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life changing for me would start at about 5 million. To pay off all of my debts would be roughly $35,000. With 5 million I would put 1 million in with my retirement. I would spend 2 to 3 on buying some more land. The rest I would probably use to start flipping houses. I have always wanted to give that a try.

-john

Comment

So how much did you win?

Comment

I knew the guy that won the first Colorado lottery for 1 million bucks, he was looking for a job one year later. But he was a moron, buying cars trucks, buying everbody drinks at the bar every time. Life changing would be 3 to 5 mil.

Comment

My magic number is $5 million.
          That would be life changing meaning I could retire.any less and I would continue working at my job... although 150k would be life changing in another way, I could be debt free.
          Congratulations on the winnings, enjoy it!

Comment

I'm with the crowd around $500K net. Completely out of debt and college for two kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
              I knew the guy that won the first Colorado lottery for 1 million bucks, he was looking for a job one year later. But he was a moron,
              Unearned wealth is always a life changer but that change is not always a change for the better!

Comment

$75K.....be 100% debt free!

Comment

We just bought a house a little over a year ago - if that sucker was paid for, it would be life changing.

Comment

Agree with the others. Enough to pay off debt would be the biggest bonus. Anything over would be gravy.

But considering I have never won anything ever... No point in wasting time dreaming. Back to work.

Comment

enough to pay off 1 student loan would change my life, pay off a student loan then snowball and pay off mortgage sooner or free up some cash per monthly budget is life changing. Not on the scale most of yal have said but life changing none the less.

Comment

Don't forget when the mortgage is paid off you still owe the property taxes every year. It will cost me over $500/month just for the taxes and I have a nice home but nothing huge.

Comment

I think 1 million would be pretty life changing. Pay off all debt and have a lot left over to get a fresh start.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                            If you received life changing money, do you think it would change your life for the better or worse?
                            Now it's getting deep!

Comment

For the life I want, it would take $5m. Sure paying off my debt would be life changing but wouldn't be any fun

Comment

I could make a NET $1,000,000 replace my current annual income for the rest of my life and pay close to 0% tax on all of it, forever (which would be a total of somewhere around $4.5Mil at the age of 77) so I will go with $1Million as a completely life changing amount of money for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X