Dove Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove Opener

Been dreaming about them Sunflower & Wheat fields. Not much longer to wait for the 2018 Dove Opening Day. Heading to West Texas with friends on the 2nd weekend. In a few weeks I will be cleaning up the mojos and packing.
    How bout ya'll?

Secured a lease just yesterday. Dining room table full of shotguns and having a good cleaning party as we speak .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, looking forward to it here also. We don't have nearly the dove numbers here as you you guys, but still look forward to spending a few days with my son and dog and getting out. This and javelina hunting down there are the two hunting trips I really look forward to each year, just wish I could bring my dog with us down there. But no way. Good luck, how are the doves looking down there ? Here we have not seen many at all, fewer then I ever remember.

Comment

Always looking forward to dove season....even more than bow season every year.

Comment

wish it wasnt on a saturday

Comment

It's been a long time (7 years) since we were able to hunt the opening day due to kids in school and missing so much. We missed last year due to Harvey but getting ready for Sept 1 back in Uvalde. One thing of note, man those hotel rooms are expensive for Labor Day weekend??? We normally pay $68/night in mid September but these are $140-$190 per night.

Comment

been seeing huge amounts around my place..

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                been seeing huge amounts around my place..
                They will all be in Mexico with the August full moon and Labor Day weekend it will rain in Texas statewide for the 1st and only time in 2018. At least that seems to be most opening weekends...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  They will all be in Mexico with the August full moon and Labor Day weekend it will rain in Texas statewide for the 1st and only time in 2018. At least that seems to be most opening weekends...
                  bingo

Comment

Can't wait!! We have land in southwest Ok and the eurasians have come in like crazy. Just millions of em.
                    Definitely the funnest hunt of the yr. The pool opening morning is usually at $1500 or more, and with all the eaurasions it gets crazy. You better have a 100 or more doves to win.

Comment

I'm ready. Been seeing steady groups of white wings this week in Webb county. Just hope our tanks still got water by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Yup. It'll rain a couple days before the opener pushing all birds out.

Comment

We fire the pit up and the radio, ride golf cart over to the neighbors place and invite a few folks over to shoot doves, we shoot at them. We cook and have a good time and feed them after they hunt.

Comment

Wife got me a 300 ac. dove lease just south of San Antonio in Atascosa county. I'll be shooting my Remmy 1100 12ga and a Citori 12ga with my 7/8oz reloads. Decoys are primed and ready to rock.

Comment

We will be in Coleman for almost 5 years for opening weekend. 20 guys, beer, guns, and awesome food should be a good time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X