TPWD Resitution and License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Resitution and License

TPWD will not issue a license if civil restitution is outstanding. I know from past experience.

So even if license is suspended for 1 year, one will not be able to purchase until all restitution is paid in full to the state.

Just a fyi for those wondering.

Speaking of restitution. Does anyone know what the poaching game warden was accessed for his illegal deer?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Speaking of restitution. Does anyone know what the poaching game warden was accessed for his illegal deer?
      Just a stern talking to. That whole outcome still chaps my azz.

Comment

I missed that one. ...wow!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is correct.

Restitution must be paid in full -- and they usually wait until then to pay awards under Operation Game Thief as well.

Comment

I was a bit upset at the outcome of the poaching warden as well.

My case was a bit different. Young and dumb, lots of dove flying and an unknown to me, baited field. I had paid my fine, and somehow either misread my ticket, or did not receive my letter stating what my resistutuon would be. I paid my ticket over the phone. Come to find out, they charge between 15 and 20 dollars a dove. I can't remember the exact amount per bird.

I just wanted to let it be known, if someone owes restitution, it's just like having license suspended or revoked until it's paid in full. A few hundred dollars is a whole lot easier to come up with versus over 50k

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              From what I remember he got a ticket around $800 and a stern talking too but kept his job.

He admitted to hunting without the proper permit at least 4 times

Comment

I got a speeding ticket near Phoenix like 20 ago , it took them that long to catch up with me
                But not being able to renew any type of license, driving, hunting, real estate! Got my attention ASAP

Comment

I have read a few stories, and yet to see a posted name of said warden...???
                  did it ever come up.??

Comment

A link

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    Just a stern talking to. That whole outcome still chaps my azz.

A game warden should never be above the law but sadly some think they are

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                      I have read a few stories, and yet to see a posted name of said warden...???
                      did it ever come up.??
                      Same here. What county?

Comment

If they're already poaching what do they care to pay restitution to get a license? Does anybody pay stuff like that or do they just keep on poaching without a license??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Same here. What county?

Google "game warden accused of poaching in Texas" it should show up--if I read it right he also admitted to killing a deer without the permit.

Comment

If I ever get caught poaching and have the option. I’m gonna go with the stern talking too. I hope it’s not just for poaching game wardens. Surely we are a nation of laws that are applied equally.

Comment

GW ordeal was 3 years ago, FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X