No announcement yet.

New Truck Price Ceiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what a new one runs, I'm thinking about a mid 50's model well restored and modernized. They look way better anyway, and cost less. I am talking a/c, new suspension and transmission, and engine with a little horsepower. I don't need all the bells and whistles even the base models have. And the astronomic repair bills that go with them.

Comment

I can't justify paying those ridiculous prices. I like my old 96 f-250 with a 7.3 in it does everything I need. I've never been one to try to keep up with the Jones family.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
        I drive a 2011 dodge 3500 with 170,000 miles on it. When the motor goes I will gladly pay someone to drop a new motor in it and keep on trucking.

I have an '06 Dodge 2500 4X4 and that's exactly what I'm doing to mine right now. 5.9 Cummins rebuild kit, new injectors, plus machining will cost me around 3k. I'm a mechanic so I don't have to pay the labor. I won't pay what they want for these new trucks.

Comment

2000 Toyota Tundra, Paid for and has 250,000 miles running strong, does what I need it to. Why get a payment?

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
            I know someone who recently purchased a new F-250 and was able to finance it for 11 years
            There's no way he did an auto loan for that truck. He had to of labeled it something like you would a camper. I'm like the other guys father, if they had to finance it for that long then they couldn't afford the truck. I can't imagine when they're ever going to be right side on that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              11 years on a truck note? That's insane. People have lost their minds.
              I'd pay an 11 year note, if it had an 11 year warranty. But really, if vehicles are suppose to last longer and run better, then they need to get a little more substantial of a warranty than 3/36,000 or 5/60,000. How about, "if I'm paying for it, and bring it to you for service, then you fix it when it breaks".

Comment

11 year financing is crazy unless 0%, even so I couldn't imagine. The average consumer probably doesn't keep a vehicle that long and talk about being upside down quick.

Comment

Buy used & mod it.

Lift, wheels, tires, etc

Less money spent, nicer truck, IMO

Comment

Last year I purchased a brand new 2016 Peterbilt. Out the door with tax 151,000.00, why are y'all complaining.
                    On the other hand, I did have to buy a new pickup two weeks ago due to a jack wagon hitting my truck in a Tractor Supply parking lot. They drove off but had hit my truck so hard it knocked it another parking spot and bent the frame. The same weekend as Bownanza and I had stopped at TSC for a few things before heading that way for my first time.
                    I priced some used ones with low miles and about fell over, pick up trucks hold their value or are overpriced that is for sure. I bought a new GMC 2500HD Z71,crew cab, loaded with leather and nav for 53k including TTL. This same truck but a 2016 with 16,000 miles was 55k. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      There is not a truck around I would pay that kinda money for. I never understood why people would pay that kind of money that's a house note, but then again we the people do it to ourselves year after year.
                      You can't buy a crack house around here for less than a 100k

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                        I blame financing companies for allowing this. Ford credit and gmac are financing more and more each year due to the number of financed vehicles growing each year plus they will finance when credit unions or banks won't for a longer time. It should be against the law to finance something for more than 48 months.
                        Last time I walked through a car dealership they weren't holding guns to anyone's head asking them to sign those notes.

Comment

I have always thought that for a vehicle if you have to finance it for more than 3-4 years you can't afford it. If you can pay cash even better but most people can't. Paid off my 2011 F250 in 2 years and still have it. Hopefully it goes a long time but if i have to finance more than 4 years than i need to be looking at a cheaper model or and older vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Last year I purchased a brand new 2016 Peterbilt. Out the door with tax 151,000.00, why are y'all complaining.
                            On the other hand, I did have to buy a new pickup two weeks ago due to a jack wagon hitting my truck in a Tractor Supply parking lot. They drove off but had hit my truck so hard it knocked it another parking spot and bent the frame. The same weekend as Bownanza and I had stopped at TSC for a few things before heading that way for my first time.
                            I priced some used ones with low miles and about fell over, pick up trucks hold their value or are overpriced that is for sure. I bought a new GMC 2500HD Z71,crew cab, loaded with leather and nav for 53k including TTL. This same truck but a 2016 with 16,000 miles was 55k. Unbelievable.
                            So basically twice the price of a high end one ton but will run 1,000,000 miles..... I can't get 100,000 out of a one ton without issues!!

Comment

Nope won't be a ceiling....people will keep paying it!

Comment

I work at a dealership and can tell you it gets crazy! I cannot believe some of the deals that some people get into. Just about everyday I deal with someone that is willing to pay more monthly for their vehicle than they do for their home! Priorities are sure messed up in this world today. Unbelievable!!

Comment

Working...
                                X