Fixed BH Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed BH Help

Changed a couple of my setups this weekend at the lease which has forced me to change the way I shoot. This year, I am going to have to shoot thru the mesh on my blinds, which is something I have never had to do. I've always just painted them over black and opened them up. These new setups are forcing me to do something a little different this season.

So, my question is what fixed blade have y'all had good luck with? I have been considering the nap hellrazor's or thunderheads, stingers or possibly phat head sob's.

Thanks.

Anything with Trick in the name! My favorite is the razor trick, or ST mag

Comment

Grizz Tricks
      Slick Tricks
      Muzzy's
      Wasp Boss 4
      Shuttle T Lock
      Etc!!!

My sob blades on my SOB's would come open in the mesh. The Shwackers are spossed to work.

Comment

QAD Exodus!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Grizz Tricks
          Slick Tricks
          Muzzy's
          Wasp Boss 4
          Shuttle T Lock
          Etc!!!

My sob blades on my SOB's would come open in the mesh. The Shwackers are spossed to work.
          I saw the youtube video showing the shwackers are supposed to work. Guess I could give them a try.

Comment

Put some paper out in front about 3 -4 feet. Shoot a bare shaft and a shwacker.
            Last edited by JW; 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I'm shooting the NAP Hellrazors this year. In fact, I have to refletch two arrows now as I shot them to close together on two different occasions and sheared the five inch feathers off. Oops on me....

Comment

Grizz Tricks
                Slick Tricks

Muzzy's
                Wasp Boss 4
                Shuttle T Lock
                Etc!!!

On the slick tricks, how is the flight of both these 2 heads?

Comment

I had em flyin with Shuttle T's and field tips at a tad over 300fps.

Comment

Cool. Have you done anything with the razortricks?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                      Cool. Have you done anything with the razortricks?
                      No Oscar has. I saw him shoot em. The fly great. I just like big cuts for whitetails. It or the Viper Trick is one i am lookin at for hogs tho.

Comment

No Oscar has. I saw him shoot em. The fly great. I just like big cuts for whitetails. It or the Viper Trick is one i am lookin at for hogs tho.
                        This shooting thru mesh business has me nervous. Never had to setup a spot that way and I don't want any flight issues with the BH/arrow going thru the mesh.

Comment

just my opinion, if you can get good holes in the paper at the same distance as the mesh it won't have any affect. if tears are bad so will be the results no matter what fixed blade head. you can also read the mesh just like paper, feathers are the most forgiving fletches because they lay down better going through mesh on a not so good release.
                          i like shooting through the mesh mostly because if you fire up the thermo cell, run the bugs out, close the mesh life is good.

Comment

Jeff i have had zero issue's with fixed and mesh. Like none. And killed a pile of deer with that mesh.

Comment

Shot 100 gr slick trick mags with no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X