No announcement yet.

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try injecting your pork with apple juice or coke or dr. pepper then apply your dry rub let it set in refrigerator overnight then in the crock pot...

Comment

Im gonna try this for our mens dinner on saturday night. Thinking of addig dr. Pepper or root beer

5 years and im just now seeing this

Comment

Spud, try it as written one night before you make any tweaks.
        Trust me, it's great. I really doubt if you will see the need to add anything else to it.

Comment

I am working 16 hour days until the weekend, come saturday it is on!

Comment

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
            [ATTACH]34051[/ATTACH]

FYI...
            Grocery stores call the 2 cuts Boston Butt & Picnic Butt. They are both good eatin. The Picnic Butt has a stronger taste, therefore most people (inc. me) opt for the BOSTON.
            For smoking on pit the rule of thumb is 1 1/2 hours to the lb. at a pit temp of 250. Pull at an internal temp of 190.
            A crock pot works well also cause you need to cook lo and slo to render the Fat & Cartilege.

JB in WTexas

Comment

My wife has been making this. It is awesome I normally don't eat left overs but this stuff is great I eat it for days. I have no idea where she got recipe. I figured it was from the pioneer woman or something

Comment

Man, sounds good, and simple.
                Pull pork makes me happy

Comment

Took this to work yesterday for our pot-luck lunch. It was a hit. Everybody wants me to make it again.

On a side note I used a ham from a pig I shot a couple of months ago. Turned out really tasty. For several people it was their first time to eat wild game so that was an extra bonus.

Comment

Making this tomorrow for the wife.

Comment

Just read through all 16 pages, definitely trying this tonight

Comment

Couple questions....(a) did you remove visible fat before placing into the crockpot? and (b) did you pour the water over the seasoned pork butt? or did you try to avoid having any water touch the seasoned pork butt?
                        Thanks
                        Mitch

Comment

I left all fat on it placed it in the crock pot then poured water in the bottom then the seasoning on the meat.

Comment

Bringing this old TBH favorite to the top!

Pulled pork nachos for dinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a favorite around our house!

Comment

Originally posted by gooch View Post
                                I made it last night for my self. Only problem was that I have 5 pounds of left overs. Excellent! I think next time though I am going to take the meat out of the crock pot about an hour or so early. Then place in a foil pan uncovered and put in the smoker to finish. Hopefully add a little smoke flavor to it.
                                I would smoke the shoulder first, for a couple hours then place in crock pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X