Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get rid of crawfish in my yard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundup does wonders on them in our fields when we start spraying in the spring.

Comment

eat them

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
        lol - this place just keeps coming up with questions i would of never dreamed of hearing.
        Crawfish blind and a 12 guage...
        bahahahahahahhaa

Comment

Tonight before they go to sleep, tell them some real scary bed time stories about all the hungry coons in the area that will eat their families. Add sound effects of crawfish screams as you tell the story and don't forget to tell them about Cajun Blake and his seasonings to make them tastier.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

2 ways... After a little rain have the kiddos go out there with a spatula(sp?) and a flash light. When they start coming out run the spatula under them and they can't go back in the hole. Put them in a 5gal bucket with some sweetgum limbs and a little water and go the local pond/ river/ lake he next day and wear out some catfish.

The other way is to lime your yard. It'll kill them dead.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                LOL - This place just keeps coming up with questions I would of never dreamed of hearing.
                Crawfish blind and a 12 guage...
                Bow, at least give them a chance and it would be some nice practice lol

But on a serious note. Get some fire ant killer with 75% Acephate
                Sprinkle it out in the mounds and you will kill them off.
                http://www.google.com/search?q=fire+ant+killer+75%25+ACEPHATE&hl=en&clie nt=safari&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa =X&ei=p3qLT52PK6LEsAKi3ZHJCQ&ved=0CEkQrQQ&biw=320& bih=416
                Last edited by tx07; 04-15-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Moth balls, drop a moth ball in each hole, and then knock the mound down. This will solve your problem.

Comment

They make a special poison for them. I am not sure the name, but you can probably google it.

Comment

I bet it has ACEPHATE in it

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                        what do you expect when they build a town in the middle of a rice field....

i guess you could always flood your yard and set out traps.....
                        This...classic

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                          They make a special poison for them. I am not sure the name, but you can probably google it.

It's called boiling water ------- kills them dead

Comment

if you put them in a bucket why the "sweet gum limbs". I know what they obviously are but how do they help the crawfish stay alive longer? Feed?

Comment

high fence the yard and let em grow.... in a few years of management you'll have some trophys....

Comment

Hire the squirrel in big_gun's avatar to take them out

Comment

Working...
                                X