Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #51
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

eaglegolfj - What is your stance on Collin Kapernick?
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #52
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find something that offends you about that guy. Turn the tables.
Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #53
HC Sniper
Ten Point

This is a battle you can not win. Pick your battles, I learned that at my workplace. There are some battles that cannot be won no matter what you believe in and there are some that are worthy of the fight. in the end, it is your decision but you will probably lose this one and your job. Better weigh the pros versus the cons on this one. Good luck
HC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #54
Charles
Pope & Young

eaglegolfj,

Please report to HR immediately.

Thank you.

Mgmt.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #55
Kdurham
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdog View Post

In for this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kdurham is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #56
eaglegolfj
Ten Point

It would have been different if he would have manned up and told me he didnít like it. But he went to his supervisor and told him. Then you know how that snowball works.
Just saying if he would had told me I would cover it up with a permit or something.
Plus we are in a industrial facility and you need to be a little thicker skinned.
Itís these **** snowflakes that aggrevate me. Ooohhh he hurt my feelings.
He wouldnít have lasted two weeks back in the day.
eaglegolfj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #57
eaglegolfj
Ten Point

Quote:
Donít watch football anymore
Old 12-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #58
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

You have the right to carry it, and your employer has the right to fire you for carrying it.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #59
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolfj View Post
Don’t watch football anymore
You didn’t answer his question. You side stepped it. He asked your stance on Kaepernick, not whether you watch football.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #60
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
It would have been different if he would have manned up and told me he didnít like it. But he went to his supervisor and told him. Then you know how that snowball works.
Just saying if he would had told me I would cover it up with a permit or something.
Plus we are in a industrial facility and you need to be a little thicker skinned.
You still donít get it.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #61
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxKronik View Post
If I where your boss it would be less about offensiveness and more about professionalism. Keep that crap out of the work place, espically if you rely on the income and can't afford to be fired. Even if your boss agrees with you its not professional to have that there. It seems to me you got it and took it to work to get a rise out of some one or to be controversial and now that you have its coming back to bite you. Kinda like the saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

The image doesn't offend me but I think being professional at work is important. What if a muslem client came in and walked away from you our company for it?

kronik by Diamond
X2

Politics don't belong in the work place. Nothing good ever comes out of discussing politics or religion for that matter in the work place. While I agree with the message, it is not professional.

Upper management has to be neutral and not play favorites. Whether you think it or not, the message has a political twist to it and the employee complaining (however, petty it may be) has a right to.

I work in a Corporate office environment and honestly would never carry around something like that knowing it could cause unneeded drama or concern.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #62
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Man, you just grouped a 'Merica loving, ISIS hating member who just wanted his 1st Amendment rights heard with a bunch of liberals!

Lol...... there are plenty of conservatives that use that defense too.. But our nations fine liberal protestors and complainers seem to ride that lightning at every convenience

The lump was with folks who think the First Ammendment protects them from everybody.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #63
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

My dad told me something way back when, when I came home from work bitching about my boss....that always stuck with me.

"The thing about the boss, is he's not always right....but he's always the boss!"
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #64
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
Smart is just good like that

I try..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #65
Kdurham
Eight Point

So was the guy offended because he's Middle Eastern or because it's just not professional?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #66
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Lol...... there are plenty of conservatives that use that defense too.. But our nations fine liberal protestors and complainers seem to ride that lightning at every convenience

The lump was with folks who think the First Ammendment protects them from everybody.
I know what you were sayin'
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #67
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

Quote:
It would have been different if he would have manned up and told me he didn’t like it. But he went to his supervisor and told him. Then you know how that snowball works.
It’s these **** snowflakes that aggrevate me. Ooohhh he hurt my feelings.
He wouldn’t have lasted two weeks back in the day.
Quote:
Don’t watch football anymore
There is a difference between not being a snowflake and being intellectually honest. You say you don't watch football anymore because of the whole Collin Kapernick/flag protest stuff? Well you are doing the same thing, expressing a controversial opinion at work. Management is asking you to stop doing it, it's causing problems. As many have pointed out, this has nothing to do with the first amendment. If you cannot see the parallels then you are not being honest with yourself.

I expect this thread is not going as you thought it would. I agree that the first step when you have an issue with someone is to take it up with them face to face. However, sometimes there are other channels that are more appropriate. This may be one of those times, I don't know.

Last edited by Kdog; 12-13-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #68
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
X2

Politics don't belong in the work place. Nothing good ever comes out of discussing politics or religion for that matter in the work place. While I agree with the message, it is not professional.

Upper management has to be neutral and not play favorites. Whether you think it or not, the message has a political twist to it and the employee complaining (however, petty it may be) has a right to.

I work in a Corporate office environment and honestly would never carry around something like that knowing it could cause unneeded drama or concern.
BS!!! Management is anything but neutral, management is avoiding anything that will bring attention to the company and to avoid the all dreaded LAWSUIT, unfortunately this means they have to cater to the snowflakes, because they've learned how to use the legal system to effectively get what they want.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #69
Kdurham
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex4k View Post
BS!!! Management is anything but neutral, management is avoiding anything that will bring attention to the company and to avoid the all dreaded LAWSUIT, unfortunately this means they have to cater to the snowflakes, because they've learned how to use the legal system to effectively get what they want.

So if someone had a burning US flag on their clipboard, you would be ok with that? If not, wouldn't you be considered a snowflake?

And for the record, I'd be pÄ<£#Äd

Old 12-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #70
talleywack97
Ten Point

Hunt In: Piney Woods

I wear a MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL shirt often to my work, and i have all kinds of races, religions, sexes ect... im sure 1 day someone will say something. Prolly should keep a pot leaf t-shirt in my locker just in case this happens. HAHAHA
talleywack97 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #71
trhunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sonora, Texas

Quote:
If this is the truth, then tell me the difference between this and all of the ones that boycott the NFL now. If this guy has a right to put what he wants on his clipboard and leave it laying around for everyone to see, why is it not ok for the players to kneel? (for the record I do not agree with the players and don't watch the NFL) but there is no difference. This guy wants his cake and eat it too. He calls the other a snowflake for saying he was offended, but side steps a question about Kap. and doesn't watch football anymore. So is he a snowflake also, or does it only apply to anyone who doesn't agree or think the way he does?

I'm in upper management, it is more about being fair to everyone no matter their color, religion or how they believe. I don't have to agree with them or believe the way they believe but our great men and women fight for that right everyday.
trhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #72
eaglegolfj
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
You didnít answer his question. You side stepped it. He asked your stance on Kaepernick, not whether you watch football.
I think he is an over paid crybaby, just like the rest of the flag offenders that wonít stand in protest of cops killing people that donít listen when they are breaking the law.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #73
Roy Munson
Four Point

OP, stand up for yourself and your right to speak freely. You should assault the guy that complained as soon as he comes into the office. Then you should tell your boss that he is a huge ***** and a snowflake and you donít give 2 ****s if your clipboard offends anyone. Itís your clipboard and it will be decorated anyway you ****ing want. You donít give a **** if it he thinks it reflects poorly on the business. He is a panty wearing snowflake and can eat ****.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #74
texaspacker
Four Point

Hunt In: Nota
Default What about the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beargrasstx View Post
You have free speech but you arent guaranteed employment. You cant go around using racial slurs etc and expect a job because of free speech. This is just a different offensive form to Muslims. By the way, I am just a messenger that would not offend me. Just trying to show a different view point for you
NFL player are employees, Heck the have OWNERS! They aren't afraid of loosing their jobs. Why? Because 88% of them are black or part black.
Hollywood movie stars, celebrities, athletes etc. Especially if they are not white. They can do or say what ever they please. You know people with fame & fortune that are not white.
BUT
If your Joe Average white boy try and speak your mind. LOOK OUT.
We have become so PC that if your white you will offended someone regardless of what you say or do.
Don't believe me?
Just see how much flack I get from this message!
God bless!
Semper Fi.
Yeah, I am that guy.
texaspacker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #75
texaspacker
Four Point

Hunt In: Nota
Default Roy Munson? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
OP, stand up for yourself and your right to speak freely. You should assault the guy that complained as soon as he comes into the office. Then you should tell your boss that he is a huge ***** and a snowflake and you donít give 2 ****s if your clipboard offends anyone. Itís your clipboard and it will be decorated anyway you ****ing want. You donít give a **** if it he thinks it reflects poorly on the business. He is a panty wearing snowflake and can eat ****.
Heck yeah. Do it so you get fired. Then collect disability the rest of your life because you now suffer from PTSD from your ordeal.
He did a Munson! Hadn't thunked about that in awhile.
God bless!
Semper Fi.
Yeah, I am. "That guy"
texaspacker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #76
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Quote:
Whatever.

If the said clipboard had displayed something - anti-Christian, anti-American, racist, was degrading to women, made fun of old people, or anything else that some employee felt offended about, Management would have followed up the exact same way. That's not catering to snowflakes. It's being a good employer that's trying to create a positive work environment and be respectful to all of their employees.

IMO, why even bring a clip board like that to work? What good comes from that? Oh, a couple high fives from a few co-workers that actually agree with the message?
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #77
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspacker View Post
NFL player are employees, Heck the have OWNERS! They aren't afraid of loosing their jobs. Why? Because 88% of them are black or part black.

No, it's actually because 90% of the players bosses did not tell them they couldn't kneel for the anthem. And the players don't have owners the teams have. For what it's worth I think they're all attention whores and 90% don't understand what they are protesting any more than they understand the first amendment. And acting like them won't improve anything.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #78
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Heck yeah. Do it so you get fired. Then collect disability the rest of your life because you now suffer from PTSD from your ordeal.
He did a Munson! Hadn't thunked about that in awhile.
God bless!
Semper Fi.
Yeah, I am. "That guy"
PTSD. Are you serious? Collect disability because you got fired from a job, in a right to work state. Do you even know what you are talking about? Surely, this is a joke. Oh yeah, get fired or terminated, so that you have to put that on your next job application. Over a dang clipboard and a sticker. My goodness!

I swear, some of the responses on this thread. Texas is a right to work state. Do what you want with your clipboard. But, if you get fired for it, dont **** and moan about your 1st amendment rights being infringed upon. You obviously do not know what that means, even though many on this thread have tried to explain it to you. There is a lot of good advice on this thread and a lot of people that know what they are talking about. Either take the advice or dont, but be ready to face the consequences of not taking the advice. Does it suck, absolutely, but what is more important? Your clipboard or your career.

The main thing that I see here is that your clipboard is just unprofessional in nature. Is it offensive to a snowflake co-worker of yours? Probably so. Even though I may agree with it, I still would not have that clipboard out in the open for all to see. Heck, there is a lot of things that I would hot have in the open, simply for the sake of not wanting to fight stupid little battles like this, especially one's that I know I am not going to win because of all the political correctness in the world today.

SMH!
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #79
Bumpy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
No, it's actually because 90% of the players bosses did not tell them they couldn't kneel for the anthem. And the players don't have owners the teams have. For what it's worth I think they're all attention whores and 90% don't understand what they are protesting any more than they understand the first amendment. And acting like them won't improve anything.

Just like 90% of folks talking about them donít even know or care what theyíre protesting because it doesnít affect them. I think the OP needs to keep crap like that out the workplace. To even think that was acceptable is foolish.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #80
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B4Him View Post
I certainly don't have any problem with the sentiment expressed on your clipboard.
However, how is this situation any different from the football players wanting to 'express' their 'free speech' rights by protesting the National Anthem?
Express your 'free speech' freely on your free time. When on your employer's time, your employer should be able to limit such expressions (as the NFL should have done early on).
I was just typing this when I read your post. Spot on.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #81
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

I don't have an issue with the sentiment of the clipboard, but bringing it to work is unprofessional. Being upset that it was brought to the attention of upper management is naÔve, at best, asinine at worst. This would be no different from a teacher wearing a shirt to school that says "Obama Sucks". They're not doing anything illegal, and the government has no right to stop them from wearing the shirt. I agree with the shirt. But it's still inappropriate for the workplace, and the workplace will put a stop to it. You have no 1st amendment right to bring that clipboard to work. You can fight it, but you're going to lose. And after you're terminated, when future employers find out why, your job opportunities will be greatly diminished (although I wouldn't be shocked if you found someone with an equally cloudy understanding of the first amendment who might hire you to make a political statement).
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #82
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Pick your battles brother.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #83
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
There is a difference between not being a snowflake and being intellectually honest. You say you don't watch football anymore because of the whole Collin Kapernick/flag protest stuff? Well you are doing the same thing, expressing a controversial opinion at work. Management is asking you to stop doing it, it's causing problems. As many have pointed out, this has nothing to do with the first amendment. If you cannot see the parallels then you are not being honest with yourself.

I expect this thread is not going as you thought it would. I agree that the first step when you have an issue with someone is to take it up with them face to face. However, sometimes there are other channels that are more appropriate. This may be one of those times, I don't know.
Bingo.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #84
Hardware
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina

Some are sure stretching when comparing the OP situation to Colin Kapernik!!!!!
Hardware is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #85
JBT
Eight Point

Hunt In: Montague, Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
How is it a stretch? seems to be a pretty good comparison as far as I can tell
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #86
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Ok. THREAD FAIL!! No one else was saying it.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #87
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

Quote:
it's not a stretch. the only difference is you don't support kaperniks message and you do support the OP's
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #88
Hardware
Eight Point

Just to clarify I would stop both situations if it was in my workforce.

The Op's situation was not being pushed and is strictly in house between two employees. He's told its offensive to some and needs to stop.

Kap is using a National platform pushing his position for all to see that effects not only coworkers but also the customer. Kap is allowed to continue without the NFL saying enough is enough. I can assure you if one of my employees did this it would be stopped immediately.

Alternate situation where the 1st Amendment is enforced.
Employee wearing a hijab is offensive to another employee but nothing is done by HR since it's a religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment.
Funny how its only enforced in some situations but not others. Double Standard!!

People have become far to sensitive in today's society and lack the ability to handle situations that 20 years ago adults would discuss and settle peaceable amongst themselves.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #89
Hardware
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySRT8U View Post
it's not a stretch. the only difference is you don't support kaperniks message and you do support the OP's
Glad you can read my mind. But your wrong to think its the message. Everybody has the right to think what they want and express themselves regardless of what others think. That's your right as an American.
I do however disagree with the timing Kap choose to bring his message to the forefront!!! I'm patriotic and think it's very unamerican to disrespect the flag!!!
Old 12-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #90
krisw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cass County

Op, it's most likely unprofessional. I don't know your work environment, but obviously someone got hurt feelings. Is the guy Middle Eastern or muslim? Or a sjw? Also, do you know what the symbol on the forehead means? Maybe that is part of it. Who knows?
You would like to see grownups handle these kinds of things between themselves but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. We have several crybabies where I work that run and tattle if you look at them wrong.
Either way, this doesn't seem to be a battle you will win.
krisw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #91
Kdurham
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisw View Post
Op, it's most likely unprofessional. I don't know your work environment, but obviously someone got hurt feelings. Is the guy Middle Eastern or muslim? Or a sjw? Also, do you know what the symbol on the forehead means? Maybe that is part of it. Who knows?
You would like to see grownups handle these kinds of things between themselves but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. We have several crybabies where I work that run and tattle if you look at them wrong.
Either way, this doesn't seem to be a battle you will win.

It says Infidel in Arabic.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #92
Huntsman27
Four Point

Hunt In: Brownwood, TX

As many have said it is not a 1st Amendment issue and the employer not only makes the rules for their workplace but they are also subject to several employment laws that require them to provide a working environment free from harassment or hostility. Your employer and/or supervisor may or may not agree with the sentiments on your clip board (my guess is they would not find it offensive) however, if the company is more than a small operation I would bet they have some sort of policy prohibiting this sort of thing. Not only is the clip board unprofessional it is counterproductive, your company exist to make money and having to deal with issues like this is contrary to that. Not to mention the possibility of responding to EEO charges of discrimination and possible lawsuits. I assure you, you do not have a leg to stand on if you want to draw a line in the sand and refuse to remove the clip board form the workplace.
Huntsman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #93
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
X2

My current chief said that almost word for word. Plainly put, politics and religion should not be discussed at work.

That doesnít mean that a couple of willing guys canít speak with each other about whatever but putting it out to the masses is a losing proposition and has nothing to do with rights.

It is no different than this forum where management can set any rules.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #94
TxKronik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb and Comal County

Quote:
Hollywood movie stars, celebrities, athletes etc. Especially if they are not white. They can do or say what ever they please. You know people with fame & fortune that are not white.
BUT
If your Joe Average white boy try and speak your mind. LOOK OUT.
We have become so PC that if your white you will offended someone regardless of what you say or do.
Don't believe me?
Just see how much flack I get from this message!
God bless!
Semper Fi.
Yeah, I am that guy.
Well maybe this is partly true the other part is they are not easily replaced in their roles espically pro athletes if you where as hard to replace at your job you could push the boundaries more and get away with it. Also if a large enough group of coworkers banded together that they couldn't fire all of you then again you could push farther.

kronik by Diamond
TxKronik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #95
TxKronik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb and Comal County

Quote:
Just to clarify I would stop both situations if it was in my workforce.

The Op's situation was not being pushed and is strictly in house between two employees. He's told its offensive to some and needs to stop.

Kap is using a National platform pushing his position for all to see that effects not only coworkers but also the customer. Kap is allowed to continue without the NFL saying enough is enough. I can assure you if one of my employees did this it would be stopped immediately.

Alternate situation where the 1st Amendment is enforced.
Employee wearing a hijab is offensive to another employee but nothing is done by HR since it's a religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment.
Funny how its only enforced in some situations but not others. Double Standard!!

People have become far to sensitive in today's society and lack the ability to handle situations that 20 years ago adults would discuss and settle peaceable amongst themselves.
Why confront someone at work who has an offensive clipboard and get into an argument that won't end well for anyone when you can quietly have it resolved by a supervisor with no conflict at work seems logical to me. Again its about professionalism and the more professional option is let management handle this if op doesn't want to be in the hot seat for the clipboard the don't bring it. Actions and consequences.

And this clip board does not compare to someone's religious practices.

kronik by Diamond
TxKronik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #96
Redbeard31
Spike

Hunt In: Del Rio, The West, Canada, Africa

Honestly, I can't believe they have not shown you the door already. You have put management in a bad situation by generating complaints (probably legitimate) from other employees regarding religious intolerance in the workplace. They will be forced to address these complaints. Unless you are at a very small company, I think you have now created the reputation of "troublemaker" for yourself. If it were my workplace, you would have received a written reprimand, at a minimum.
Redbeard31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #97
bowhuntntxn
Pope & Young

Instead of a clipboard/CK comparison, how about something more low level like a clipboard/F Trump and F you for voting for him window sticker.

Both people are protected from the government forcing removal of the stickers. But both people are also opening themselves up to any and every form of scrutinization anyone deems necessary. Be it from local law enforcement checking for wants/warrants, to employers checking for any type of discrepancy in paperwork or whatever.

Also in both cases a little forethought and a little less "look at me" mentality could have prevented all the attention, either wanted or unwanted.

Do what you want, when you want with a little discretion and the world keeps moving on. Catch yourself on fire, and everybody looks at you.

You get to decide how it goes.
bowhuntntxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #98
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Industrial facility has nothing to do with. I work in a machine shop and, yes, it ain't what it used to be. No more Playboy calenders in our tool boxes, the cussin has all but gone away, it's just the way it is nowdays. We can't even whistle at the girls no more. It's a different worldwe live in and you just have to make adjustments like it or not.
Goldeneagle is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top