Need help calculating a length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help calculating a length?

If I scale-up this little model, and make the 2 vertical and 2 horizontal pieces a foot long, how long should I make the other piece I marked?

Click image for larger version

Name:	quitsi3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	24737577

That thing give me a headache!! I sense a trick question due to the optical craziness of this thing. It's too late in the day for math tests Bill.

Comment

Twice as long as half the length.

Comment

Just cut it to fit after the first 4 pieces are assembled. It's to late in the week with a holiday weekend upon us to be scratching my head to figure out this illusion. I'll have to forward this one around the office. We have a few green LSU and Aggie engineers that can figure it out.

Comment

Dang Cali folks.....next thing he'll want is to vote for *****.....

Comment

Depends on how ya look at it

Comment

Just get Jaspro to build it and you won't have to worry about any straight or squared pieces.
              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                Just get Jaspro to build it and you won't have to worry about any straight or squared pieces.

Comment

Rofl, I think you're going to need some modern algebra for that one.

Comment

I'll let you in on a secret. If I can figure that out, my plan is to remodel my house like this, and attach a generator to the paddle wheel, run the house's electricity for free, then raise the money to build a full-scale industrial version and "go green" with an alternative energy company- and I'll need reps in Texas.

It must be the afternoon before a 3-day weekend

Comment

But it will only work on the odd thursday of a leap year in the 13th month.....????

Comment

cant help you

Comment

Sumptin don't look right or make sense.
                          >E
                          Last edited by aironeout; 08-29-2008, 10:45 PM. Reason: !@#

Comment

I don't know how long it's gonna be, but I know you're gonna have one helluva time putting that thing together!

How big is your board-bender?

Comment

Bill
                              The boy and I started modeling it up...I think we're getting close

Comment

Working...
                              X