2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Well, since Boomer Sooner is slacking this year , I guess I'll start it up. It seems these Oklahoma bucks will give you a deer education real quick unlike anything I've seen in Texas.

As Boomer Sooner says, this thread is for anything north of the Red River in the great underrated state of Oklahoma.

Our plans this year are:

1. Gain access to another 1300 acres to our west that is set up better than what we have. We're hoping to make that a permanent spot but we'll see. This would be in addition to the 750 we've got right now.

2. Make additional upgrades to the cabin we stay in (my buddy has already started).

3. FEED PENS!!!!!!!!!! The hogs are like foreign invaders and unfortunately are here to stay The only way around them is hog panels and driving T-posts but long term, it'll be worth it.

4. More trail cameras, regardless if we get that extra property or not.

What are y'all's plans? Any shed hunting? Did your target bucks make it through the season?

You in push county?

Comment

Anyone have any spots open or any leads on an OK lease? I am looking l for something less than 4 hours from north Dallas. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
        You in push county?
        No, I'm in Atoka Co, right on the border of Pittsburgh Co.

Comment

Originally posted by cbail13 View Post
          Anyone have any spots open or any leads on an OK lease? I am looking l for something less than 4 hours from north Dallas. Thanks for the help.
          I'll keep you in mind if anything pops open on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            I'll keep you in mind if anything pops open on mine.
            Thanks

Comment

Hopefully start scouting and preparing food plots in the next month.
              Last edited by arrowslinger; 02-09-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

We're right on the border of Bryan & Choctaw counties north of Boswell. This will be the second year on our place so we've got some idea of where we want to head. I need to move a couple of feeders and get a couple of tripods setup this year. So far, we haven't had too many hogs so I'm hoping to avoid building any additional feeder pens. We also need to work on camp this year.

Comment

Okay you had me wondering because we have a bad feeling we're going to get kicked off of our place so the timber company can lease it out to these highroller Cajun some bitches. Our place is exactly 1300. We have a bad feeling that last year was our last hunting season out there and I hate it because we never know until the middle of the summer if they're going to renew us. Absolutely nothing frustrates me more considering the amount of work that we did to the place the first few years we were on it. Now no one wants to do any real work because of the uncertainty of if we will be allowed to continue to hunt it from year-to-year.

Comment

Needless to say I have a group of five and possibly more looking for a place at the same size. We got everything we need to outfit a piece of property pretty well. If we do stay on we will be looking to add 2 to 3 members this year because we like to carry eight members to keep the cost down. The place can obviously high that many because we done it before without a problem. Most of us use this place is our secondary hunting camp because we all hot and Grayson and Collin County here in Texas. With that being said we really don't pressure is much. I don't know during the middle of the summer if we will be on the place again and if that ends up being the case I will offer up the additional spots at or around $600 apiece depending on how many members

Comment

Responding using a phone but I'm sure you get the point. Excuse the grammar and punctuation

Comment

Okay you had me wondering because we have a bad feeling we're going to get kicked off of our place so the timber company can lease it out to these highroller Cajun some bitches. Our place is exactly 1300. We have a bad feeling that last year was our last hunting season out there and I hate it because we never know until the middle of the summer if they're going to renew us. Absolutely nothing frustrates me more considering the amount of work that we did to the place the first few years we were on it. Now no one wants to do any real work because of the uncertainty of if we will be allowed to continue to hunt it from year-to-year.
                        Same here, I don't know why these folks in OK want their lease money in August! Are you leasing from a man who's sister is famous?

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by JDC View Post
                            We're right on the border of Bryan & Choctaw counties north of Boswell. This will be the second year on our place so we've got some idea of where we want to head. I need to move a couple of feeders and get a couple of tripods setup this year. So far, we haven't had too many hogs so I'm hoping to avoid building any additional feeder pens. We also need to work on camp this year.
                            We are northwest of Soper in Choctaw county and we have a lot of pigs.

I need to put out my protein feeders and put out a blind I just picked up.

Comment

Not that I know of.
                              Ok

Comment

Working...
                              X