Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop away rest ideas

G'day all,

I had a chat with some archery shops and it looks like I can get an Elite Impulse 34 with a 2 piece quiver here for around $1700, thinking KUIU verde.

I was thinking of stripping my Bear mauler down for a start and using my whisker biscuit and the real basic trophy ridge pin sight. But, my birthday is in early march, which is a month before our rut and I think I'll get my fiance to buy me a rest for the new rig to have ready for the rut.
    The sight I'll upgrade later, no idea what to yet.

As a stalking/ spot and stalk hunter I like to hunt with an arrow nocked in case something jumps up and props requiring a quick shot. I haven't personally had any issue with the whisker biscuit but I would like to go to a drop away for a little more accuracy down range, less stress on the vanes and just for something different.

My question is, is there a drop away rest that will hold and contain my arrow effectively while not at full draw so I can stalk through the bush with it?

cheers for the help in advance,

JP

I really like the new ripcord ace. Stays up even when you let down. Other great option is qad hdx. Should be a great rig whichever way you go. I have an elite qad hdx on mine. Setup easily. Good luck.

Comment

Stay with the WB and get better vanes. You will thank me later.

Comment

Ive been using the QAD's for 5 years, i havent had a singlr issue with them
        Yet.

Comment

I've really liked my trophy ridge revolution. It pretty quiet, and will NOT let your arrow fall out...you could hold the bow upside down and the arrow stays put. It also allows you to engage the rest without drawing.

Comment

And on top of that it won't kill you wallet either...I paid around 55 dollars for the one I have. I bought it when they first came out.

Comment

Before I switched to a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro, I shot a ripcord. It worked well for about 5 years and then the spring went out. For those three years it was well worth the money, and if I had to I'd buy it again, especially since a replacement spring is easy to come by and install.

That being said, I don't know if anything will get me to switch from my trophy taker... It just plain works. Also, if it is good enough for Cam Hanes it is good enough for me

Comment

Working...
              X